Niall Quinn

Niall Quinn was a great player for City and has fond memories of his time here. For those criticising his take on some fans. who can afford to go to the matches but prefer to sit in a pub and watch, just remember the time he paid £8,000 for taxis to get fans home from Cardiff when Easyjet wouldn't take them allegedly because they were singing: 'Niall Quinn's disco pants' on the plane. How many football chairmen would do that?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/43762-quinn-pays-fans-8-000-taxi-bill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/4 ... -taxi-bill</a>

As a kid Dennis Tueart was my idol...as I hit my 20's I thought I had grown out of idolising players..... then at the age of 25 Quinny came along and what a hero he became! Yes the Derby County game..... the Palace hat trick (left foot, right foot and a header) and many more.....
I went to a testimonial at the end of one season around 91 I think, at Exeter. The players coach after the game pulled up outside this pub in Exeter we were drinking in. Niall stayed on the bus talking to someone as everyone else got off. I got onto the coach and asked for a picture with him. he said, can i just finish the conversation and I'll be with you in a few minutes...
He did just that and I still have the photograph today.
God save the Quinn

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-OudU-1NQg[/youtube]

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
As a kid Dennis Tueart was my idol...as I hit my 20's I thought I had grown out of idolising players..... then at the age of 25 Quinny came along and what a hero he became! Yes the Derby County game..... the Palace hat trick (left foot, right foot and a header) and many more.....
I went to a testimonial at the end of one season around 91 I think, at Exeter. The players coach after the game pulled up outside this pub in Exeter we were drinking in. Niall stayed on the bus talking to someone as everyone else got off. I got onto the coach and asked for a picture with him. he said, can i just finish the conversation and I'll be with you in a few minutes...
He did just that and I still have the photograph today.
God save the Quinn

Very similar experience after a friendly at Plymouth in 96, just weeks before he left for Sunderland. He really had a lot of time for the fans.

My first Football Game of the PL was the derby in 1994/95, it was acctually one of the reasons to became a Football fan. The War in Bosnia was kinda over and our Neighboor (has a good looking Mrs.)) buyed the first Satellite in our Street. I used to go there to watch his Mrs and Cartoons :)) and somehow that the Game City vs. U*ited (2:3 i belive) was on some Channel i dont think live and that was kinda the 2nd or 3thd Game i watched after Olimpique Mairseille, and Ajax vs Bayern. I loved the way they played, booth Teams, and somehow loved the blue Color more, also because the Neighbor liked Utd, so i automaticly didnt. Naill Quinn made 2 Goals in that Game, and i was so happy. Belive Cantona turned that Game but i dont remember that part really. That was my first game i watched Naill and City.

Legend! My all time City and Ireland player (hence the username). My first memory of watching football as a child was Quinnys goal for Ireland against Holland in Italia 90.I remember thinking he was great. Once I started follwing football properly a year or so later,City were the team for me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.