Niall Quinn

Peter Grant said:
My fav player as a kid along with David White, City legend in my eyes.

They were both at my 18th (many years ago) my old man was a director of Whites so spoke to David most days and Niall was his best mate at the club!

Quinny always seemed to have a lot of time for us and always bigs us up (horrible phrase but it'll have to do!) in interviews. Just to go off on a tangent; re. the Dean Saunders penalty save, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he is the only player to have missed penalties for three different clubs (Villa and Liverpool as well?) against the same opposition. Maybe one of our resident anoraks can confirm this or blow it out of the water!!

jimharri said:
Quinny always seemed to have a lot of time for us and always bigs us up (horrible phrase but it'll have to do!) in interviews. Just to go off on a tangent; re. the Dean Saunders penalty save, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he is the only player to have missed penalties for three different clubs (Villa and Liverpool as well?) against the same opposition. Maybe one of our resident anoraks can confirm this or blow it out of the water!!

He missed three penalties against us as I was at all three games, Derby, Liverpool at home and Aston Villa away. Not sure if he is the only player to have done this though?

Blue Lloyd said:
jimharri said:

He missed three penalties against us as I was at all three games, Derby, Liverpool at home and Aston Villa away. Not sure if he is the only player to have done this though?
Not many miss 3 pens against us!

fathellensbellend said:
gone way down in my estimation, he has been slating the sunderland fans who have been watching matches in the pubs of sunderland on illegal satellite channels as opposed to going to the stadium of light.

it's very easy for a multi millionaire ex player to take the moral high ground, but he has not been priced out of following the club he supports while on shit wages.

taking it further it won't be long before you see the death of the away fan in this country, mounting petrol prices and the cost of tickets will certainly be curtailing my ongoing away support, put quite simply i cannot afford it for much longer.

Are these people in pubs watching the game on tv rather than at the stadium spending nothing in the pubs?

fathellensbellend said:
gone way down in my estimation, he has been slating the sunderland fans who have been watching matches in the pubs of sunderland on illegal satellite channels as opposed to going to the stadium of light.

it's very easy for a multi millionaire ex player to take the moral high ground, but he has not been priced out of following the club he supports while on shit wages.

taking it further it won't be long before you see the death of the away fan in this country, mounting petrol prices and the cost of tickets will certainly be curtailing my ongoing away support, put quite simply i cannot afford it for much longer.

What a stupid statement, he is the chairman of the club, what do you expect him to say? He has put his own money in presumebly, why wouldn't you question why your fans aren't turning up, especially when newcastle are filling their grounds. To say he has hone down in your estimation for moaning about it is a joke. What the hell do fans want? They are getting premiership football with very good players in the team and still can't be arsed turning up. Quinn has a point

in my eyes Niall will always be a legend,true pro that has never had a bad word against us imho!

Love Niall Quinn.

Always gave 100% for City and was a far more skillful player than given credit for.

Anybody remember a derby a few years ago and Quinny was the pundit?? At half time we had a rendition of "When the Blues Go marching in" for the full 15 minutes..... Sky tv come back after an ad break, catching Quinny unaware and there he was, whistling the tune of us singing!!

I remember the game against Liverpool when we got relegated under alan ball...... and while that fookin dimwit had us playing for a draw, thinking we would be safe, Quinny (who had been subbed) had found out the real situation and came back out of the dressing room, onto the touchline, to urge the players on.

Great player for us, great bloke and if we weren't so fortunate as to have the sheik, I would love Niall Quinn to be our chairman

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.