nice club v winning club

East Level 2 said:
What the fuck have you lot been drinking or smoking?
It's less than 16 months since we won the league and already you've forgotten what you watched. OK Mario might have played silly buggers a time or two, but we watched Silva being kicked from pillar to post most games with very little protection and no retaliation. We saw Aguero staying on his feet after being fouled in the box time after time; his desire to play the game properly probably cost us a dozen penalties when we won the league, and a similar number last season.
Do we pass it nicely? Yes.
Do we dive and moan to the ref? No.
Does our manager whinge to the media at every opportunity? No.
Do we score some absolutely sensational goals? Yes.
Have we managed to win things without resorting to the abhorrent behaviour that comes so naturally to our neighbours? Yes.
This might sound like I'm viewing the team through blue-tinted specs but we were still a "nice club" when we won the cup then the league.

Amen brother, hate the surrounding the ref etc., why a player who writhes around on the floor, then jumps up and jogs off once a card is shown, isn't themselves carded for simulation is beyond me - I'm looking at you Rooney....

I always liked Brian Clough Forest teams. They had some hard players but did not generally argue with refs or cheat and dive (also loved the way the players they sold to the rags turned bobbins overnight).

I think neutrals respect us more than Manyoo and Chelski and we should try to make sure this remains the case. Getting a few academy players (particularly in English) into the team would also do us the world of good.

Rascal said:
I want us to be a morally correct club.

Not arsed about trophies. Im not a Blue because i expect us to win things im a blue because we have usually done things in the right manner.

Too late for all that mate.
The treatment of mercer,Hughes and Mancini was just about as classless as you can get.

de niro said:
Rascal said:

Not arsed about trophies. Im not a Blue because i expect us to win things im a blue because we have usually done things in the right manner.

The treatment of mercer,Hughes and Mancini was just about as classless as you can get.

I make my choice accordingly as well you know my friend.

City i love but if i dont agree i dont blindly comply

Rascal said:
de niro said:
Rascal said:

All this and, In the eyes of many football fans and commentators we can never be a nice club again because of the money. Through no fault of our own we are the victims of our own good fortune.

We haven't been a dirty club on the field as far as I can see but we haven't covered ourselves in glory off it and that allied to the money means we are the bad guys wether we like it or not. All we can do as fans is try to appreciate what we have without rubbing it in anyones faces and I think we do a reasonable if not perfect job of that.

1961_vintage said:
It's a ruthless, results-driven business.

If you don't have that in your locker, you're nowhere.

Like the game of thrones - you win or you die. Metaphorically speaking of course.

Yeah, but it don't stop you getting the results the right way. ie by being better and striving to be the best.
Not cheating your way to the top. No point in competition if cheating is acceptable.

Gelsons Dad said:
Rascal said:
de niro said:

All this and, In the eyes of many football fans and commentators we can never be a nice club again because of the money. Through no fault of our own we are the victims of our own good fortune.

We haven't been a dirty club on the field as far as I can see but we haven't covered ourselves in glory off it and that allied to the money means we are the bad guys wether we like it or not. All we can do as fans is try to appreciate what we have without rubbing it in anyones faces and I think we do a reasonable if not perfect job of that.

Im as Blue as ever although i did drift away under Thaksin as on moral grounds i hated him being involved with our club. I still to be fair have issues with our current owners politics too, but im much happier nowadays.

I really dont care about Trophies, its the good name of our club and fans that matters most to me.

I've always been immensely proud of our club for all the things it does off the pitch in the community, especially for all the Q&A's over the past 40 years where they have made players accessible to the fans, for having a family feel to the club which a lot of players sense this once they've pulled on that sky blue shirt, for our heritage and our history, for being typical City, for doing things our way, but most of all for our SUPPORT for never throwing in the towel in the face of adversity where no other clubs supporters has had to endure their nearest neighbours forever being hailed as the team every kid ever dreamt of playing for (not for me and nor for you) for having their nearest neighbours being regarded as the biggest team on the planet, for sticking together through it all whilst their nearest neighbours won everything possible whilst our club suffered one humiliation after another, for never choosing red over blue, for knowing the truth and that we are and have always been the chosen club, for having to endure closet rags coming out of every corner of this planet, but most of all for standing together proud to be blue always, men, women, boys and girls...yes especially girls have you ever looked around and seen how many women and girls attend City games. I have taken my two daughters and or 16 years now like me it has become their second home, my friends have become their friends and look out for them at games and I am proud to say City has by and large been a safe environment for them. Ours is a welcoming club and if at times in the past we have got it wrong on the pitch then undoubtedly more often than not we have gotten it right with our work off the pitch with the community, junior blues or the more recent live4city kids. We all want trophies but we were all here long before them and that is what has made our club great. Long may it continue but hopefully with some trophies thrown in for good measure ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.