Nice little video of a great day

One of my favourite days supporting City, that.

I'd forgotten that weird moment at the end of that video where the bloke (presumably a Nationwide representative?) hands Royle a bottle of champagne, but then refuses to let go of it.

Im the only City fan in the world that wasn't at York away, but for me this was my all time favourite away game. I was in the Blackburn end which was pretty much just like being in the Darwen end anyway. Never seen a ground with so many away fans in it. Got battered in that first half and then it just went crazy. What a fantastic day.

Apart from the obvious that was the best day for me supporting City. The atmosphere that day was something else, from meeting in the George and Dragon, cheadle at early o'clock, 6 of us shoe horned in a car to Blackburn, the match itself from thinking we were gonna get hammered at HT to celebrating wildly at the end and of course on the pitch. Taking over Ewood and the pubs after. Finishing off bak at the George. Getting goosebumps thinking about it!!

As an aside, we headed back to cheadle via 'country roads', middle of no where up near Blackburn ish we turned a corner to see a pub with a humongous city flag adjourning its gable end and it rammed with blues. City fan landlord apparently. Had a good scoop in there. Always wondered where that pub was!

Ric said:

I'd forgotten that weird moment at the end of that video where the bloke (presumably a Nationwide representative?) hands Royle a bottle of champagne, but then refuses to let go of it.
It looks like Tony Parkes, the former Blackburn player & manager. He was assistant manager to Souness at the time I think.

Just watched another vid of that day, can't believe the pitch invasion and the fact that our fans flooded, in equal measures, from all sides of the ground. Being in the city end I wished I'd took a sec to have a look around when we scored to appreciate how many blues were in the ground that day.

Estimates anyone?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ric said:

It looks like Tony Parkes, the former Blackburn player & manager. He was assistant manager to Souness at the time I think.
Jack Taylor OBE ?

Ric said:

Think it's jack walker ex referee

remember arthur mann said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Ric said:

Jack Taylor OBE ?
It is.

Listened to that over the internet with a dozen or so Melbourne blues. Was gutted when Dailly scored until we realised it was an own goal.

And just before the end someone rang for a pizza and the internet cut off to much outrage.

Happy days. Seems a lifetime ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.