Nick Clegg and the Liberals

i always thought cameron was pretty naive but he's played the libdems brilliantly.

the best move the libdems could have made (for their own electoral future) would have been to offer support to a minority tory government. they could have allowed the tories to produce a budget and then could have acted as the brakes on over zealous cuts. they may have been able to get away with that - looking like a moderating influence. however they found it impossible to resist a few cabinet posts. the genius thing in my opinion is how more often than not its a libdem put in front of the media to justify this stuff. like cable fonting the uni fees rise.

genius from the tories. the libdems will be wiped out in scotland and wales and most of the north of england. no longer will they be able to use the campaign slogans 'vote lib dem to keep the tories out' or 'labour cant win here' i expect two thirds of their voters are mostly labour or tories who vote lib dem becuase they know their own party wont win. they've now made themselves irrelevent.

following the next election i fully expect clegg to cross the floor to the tories being handed a safe tory seat.

Balti said:
LibDems will lose all credibility if they back the tories on this one

3 - 5K they might have got away with it

9K per year, .......Feck off!!

30k in debt as they start out. JOKE!!!!!!
There will be a significant rebellion of Lib Dem backbenchers, especially those in University seats (John Leech et al) but it won't be big enough to defeat the bill. The Tories have configured the cabinet so that enough Lib Dems are bound by collective responsibility to stop any kind of major rebellion on this kind of bill.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/nov/12/lib-dems-tuition-fees-clegg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010 ... fees-clegg</a>
They were u-turning even before they attached themselves to the tories' coat tails. This is hilarious.

The fact that they are happy to go against everything they pretended to stand for ( just for the bit of power they were never going to get on their own )tells you all you need to know about the Libs

I suppose the real test for the lib dems will be the Oldham east and saddleworth by-election. This is an election they should be winning, even with the unpopular decisions they are making. Being only 105 votes behind labour and with a large Tory vote, the lib dems should be able to squeeze enough Tories to vote for them to keep labour out.

In general, I don't understand why people are simply highlighting the lib dem's rapier promises. The conservatives have done the same, and so have labour in the past. So if you refuse to vote lib dem for those reasons I can't see who is left for you to vote for.

I could never vote Tory and after 13 years of a failed labour government I couldn't vote for them either.

Halfpenny said:
Balti said:
LibDems will lose all credibility if they back the tories on this one

3 - 5K they might have got away with it

9K per year, .......Feck off!!

30k in debt as they start out. JOKE!!!!!!
There will be a significant rebellion of Lib Dem backbenchers, especially those in University seats (John Leech et al) but it won't be big enough to defeat the bill. The Tories have configured the cabinet so that enough Lib Dems are bound by collective responsibility to stop any kind of major rebellion on this kind of bill.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/nov/12/lib-dems-tuition-fees-clegg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010 ... fees-clegg</a>
They were u-turning even before they attached themselves to the tories' coat tails. This is hilarious.

it's not if you want to go to uni.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Halfpenny said:

I didn't mean it in that way; I myself am going to uni next year. I mean funny in the way that they were backtracking even whilst they were campaigning about it. They will get hammered at the next election.

Halfpenny said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I didn't mean it in that way; I myself am going to uni next year. I mean funny in the way that they were backtracking even whilst they were campaigning about it. They will get hammered at the next election.

too late for us lot though, even if Labour got in and changed it back, we're the generation who will get it in the neck

Blue Power said:
In general, I don't understand why people are simply highlighting the lib dem's rapier promises. The conservatives have done the same, and so have labour in the past. So if you refuse to vote lib dem for those reasons I can't see who is left for you to vote for.
of course they all get up to it, its just virtually their entire election manifesto has not just been ignored but they have gone in the exact opposite direction.

clegg was against immediate cuts in the debates, huhne was against nuclear power, they all wanted tuition fees abolished. the one issue you can strognly associate with the lib dems over the last 20 years is a demand for pr - they now abandon that for av which they arent going to get either.

as i say all politicians get up to it but ive never seen any other party abandon every 'principle' quite so quickly.

It's unbelievable really how they can stand there and claim to be trying to change politics, they had some cracking ideas and sold it all out for a semblance of power. I was particularly disappointed in Cable who genuinely looked to be different to the rest of the lying twats in Westminster.

Welcome to 2 party politics in the UK, I suppose they have changed it all really.....

People need to realise that politicians, all politicians, are not on 'our side.' They are the enemy.

'Democracy' as practised here is the art of manipulating the gullible to produce enough votes to give one group of lying, malicious careerist shits a 'mandate' to govern. That's all.

Don't vote, don't stay at home, spoil the paper. Writing 'fuck off' across it works for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.