Nick Powell to the Rags

I still don't think Crewe can spend nearly as much on their academy as clubs like our own can which is what I mean by context. I mean we can go and sign someone like Suarez for £850,000 (rising to £2.6million) or Henshall for a "significant fee (undisclosed)" and then claim them as our own to compensate for the lack of top end English talent we've been producing from childhood. I doubt Crewe can spend that sort of money on anything, be it their facilities or a player from a different region.

LoveCity said:
I still don't think Crewe can spend nearly as much on their academy as clubs like our own can which is what I mean by context. I mean we can go and sign someone like Suarez for £850,000 (rising to £2.6million) or Henshall for a "significant fee (undisclosed)" and then claim them as our own to compensate for the lack of top end English talent we've been producing from childhood. I doubt Crewe can spend that sort of money on anything, be it their facilities or a player from a different region.

I was talking more of investment in facilities, coaches, running costs ect as opposed to buying young talent. They have to live in a world where they cannot get the brightest 6-10 year olds and any half decent players older than that are taken by the bigger clubs.

It's very easy for them to progress as well and develop at a pace that suits them. Any half decent young player will be guaranteed first team football and they are constantly pushed when needed. This Nick Powell for example was playing U18 football at 15, reserves football at 16 and league football at 17. That's a better education than those in our academy imo. Albert Rusnak is probably the closest example we have to him, both the same age, both play off the front man and both play for their countries yet one is progressing more than the other because of the different circumstances at their clubs. Who's to say if Rusnak was at Crewe that he would not be performing like Powell and being rated at £4m?

WNRH said:
LoveCity said:

I was talking more of investment in facilities, coaches, running costs ect as opposed to buying young talent. They have to live in a world where they cannot get the brightest 6-10 year olds and any half decent players older than that are taken by the bigger clubs.

It's very easy for them to progress as well and develop at a pace that suits them. Any half decent young player will be guaranteed first team football and they are constantly pushed when needed. This Nick Powell for example was playing U18 football at 15, reserves football at 16 and league football at 17. That's a better education than those in our academy imo. Albert Rusnak is probably the closest example we have to him, both the same age, both play off the front man and both play for their countries yet one is progressing more than the other because of the different circumstances at their clubs. Who's to say if Rusnak was at Crewe that he would not be performing like Powell and being rated at £4m?
But what about players like harry bunn who is said to be one of our brightest prospects and yet does nothing at oldham.

WNRH said:
MSP said:
Haven't seen that lad ever but everyone praises him so I just hate we're missing young players like that one or Ox-Chamberlain and go only for media stars.

But then again, most of English young talents would still pick United as most of them are rags.

Our academy players would perform as well as he had and get the plaudits if they too were at Crewe.

I wish some fans would have faith, belief and then paitence in some of our young players.

agree that our lads could perform my main problem is the club not giving them the oppurtunity, after u18 level they have to be loaned out to championship clubs(if there special top leagues like guidetti). the problem is some of the loans have been awful and a players like roman and wabara have wasted a year when they should have been out playing competitive football,we cant make excuses we have to face up to the truth, our youths a shambles we came up against some of europes best academies and we lost EVERY game we were the worst team and it wasnt because the lads wernt good enough it was because the people running the youth arnt we need a serious revamp we have a lot of talent. people will say that we nearly won the u18 league but tbh that league just has teams who mix there worst u18 and there best u16 the best u18 talent are playing reserves. abdul razak one of our top talents gave a worrying interview that i saw on trace sports where he basically said the clubs not a great place to be and they dont treat the youth well he said adebayor was the only one that helped the youth and was staying with adebayor for the weekend(i think when he was on loan at brighton) assulin made similar comments its worrying the direction there going in.

greasedupdeafguy said:
WNRH said:
LoveCity said:

But what about players like harry bunn who is said to be one of our brightest prospects and yet does nothing at oldham.

Is said by who though? I think he got a reputation because he scored a few goals, i've seen him play 3 times and has never impressed me once.<br /><br />-- Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
balotelli17 said:
WNRH said:
MSP said:
Haven't seen that lad ever but everyone praises him so I just hate we're missing young players like that one or Ox-Chamberlain and go only for media stars.

But then again, most of English young talents would still pick United as most of them are rags.

Our academy players would perform as well as he had and get the plaudits if they too were at Crewe.

I wish some fans would have faith, belief and then paitence in some of our young players.

agree that our lads could perform my main problem is the club not giving them the oppurtunity, after u18 level they have to be loaned out to championship clubs(if there special top leagues like guidetti). the problem is some of the loans have been awful and a players like roman and wabara have wasted a year when they should have been out playing competitive football,we cant make excuses we have to face up to the truth, our youths a shambles we came up against some of europes best academies and we lost EVERY game we were the worst team and it wasnt because the lads wernt good enough it was because the people running the youth arnt we need a serious revamp we have a lot of talent. people will say that we nearly won the u18 league but tbh that league just has teams who mix there worst u18 and there best u16 the best u18 talent are playing reserves. abdul razak one of our top talents gave a worrying interview that i saw on trace sports where he basically said the clubs not a great place to be and they dont treat the youth well he said adebayor was the only one that helped the youth and was staying with adebayor for the weekend(i think when he was on loan at brighton) assulin made similar comments its worrying the direction there going in.

Would agree except for the point about the U18 league being a mix of best U16 and worst U18, it is far from that. United's good generation of the Keane twins, Pogba, Morrison and Tunnicliffe all played more of less every game at U18 level for two solid years. Same with Everton, Liverpool ect.

WNRH said:
Who's to say if Rusnak was at Crewe that he would not be performing like Powell and being rated at £4m?

It makes sense I suppose but few of our younger lads on loan in England seem to be making a huge impression. Even Razak, after a couple of strong performances for Brighton, was let down by apparent disciplinary problems. I mean are United and Liverpool going to want Bunn, McGivern, Razak, or Nimely based on their loan spells in the lower leagues like they want Clayton and Powell based on their first team performances in the lower leagues?

As balotelli17 said it's possible there is a fundamental flaw in our youth system, my guess is it would be what comes after they move up from the under-18s league... the reserve system is horrible and this new U21 Premier League idea could be good for everyone.

As for Bunn, the giveaway with him might be that he never got capped by any of the England youth teams, whereas Hiwula (who looks really bright) is now in the England under-18s team which suggests he is a better player.

WNRH said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
WNRH said:

Is said by who though? I think he got a reputation because he scored a few goals, i've seen him play 3 times and has never impressed me once.

-- Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 pm --

balotelli17 said:
WNRH said:

Would agree except for the point about the U18 league being a mix of best U16 and worst U18, it is far from that. United's good generation of the Keane twins, Pogba, Morrison and Tunnicliffe all played more of less every game at U18 level for two solid years. Same with Everton, Liverpool ect.
Top scorer in our u18s and scored a few in reserves/nex gen, then you have players like helen, chantler, warbara and even mee who have all struggled in there loan moves.

WNRH said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
WNRH said:

Is said by who though? I think he got a reputation because he scored a few goals, i've seen him play 3 times and has never impressed me once.

-- Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 pm --

balotelli17 said:
WNRH said:

i still cant understand why we sold trippier and for as little as we did we could have just loaned him out to a team like norwich or southampton next season it makes no sense selling a player that good, out of all our promising strikers alex nimleys always been the one for me hes just had bad luck with injuries i hope we keep him and give him another loan spell, and my mistake about u18 league got a little to carried away, i hope rusnak can get that loan to feynoord instead of suarez i think suarez should stay for another few months before going on loan.

LoveCity said:
WNRH said:
Who's to say if Rusnak was at Crewe that he would not be performing like Powell and being rated at £4m?

It makes sense I suppose but few of our younger lads on loan in England seem to be making a huge impression. Even Razak, after a couple of strong performances for Brighton, was let down by apparent disciplinary problems. I mean are United and Liverpool going to want Bunn, McGivern, Razak, or Nimely based on their loan spells in the lower leagues like they want Clayton and Powell based on their first team performances in the lower leagues?

As balotelli17 said it's possible there is a fundamental flaw in our youth system, my guess is it would be what comes after they move up from the under-18s league... the reserve system is horrible and this new U21 Premier League idea could be good for everyone.

As for Bunn, the giveaway with him might be that he never got capped by any of the England youth teams, whereas Hiwula (who looks really bright) is now in the England under-18s team which suggests he is a better player.

there's a difference there though with the loan players. Powell and Clayton are settled at a club they are comfortable in, at a place they know really well, where as the likes of Razak, Bunn, McGivern ect are there for a short time in a alien environment, lesser facilities than what they are used to, lesser standard of football. Then there is also the factor that the players on loan at lower league club's from our club are just not good enough.<br /><br />-- Sun May 27, 2012 5:03 pm --<br /><br />
greasedupdeafguy said:
Top scorer in our u18s and scored a few in reserves/nex gen, then you have players like helen, chantler, warbara and even mee who have all struggled in there loan moves.

Top scorer but not don't think he ever hit 20 goals despite playing the majority of games, it's a bit like saying Klasnic was top goalscorer for Bolton with 8.

LoveCity said:
WNRH said:

razak wont make it here imo and i think hes doing his best to get away from us from the interview he gave he sounded like he hated the club tbh and with adebayor being sold im not sure if he'll want to be back i hope im wrong as razaks up there with rekik imo. i huge flaw imo is players who shouldnt be at our eds players who clearly wont make it here are stalling development of the more talented players, they need to be training every day with quality youngsters we have too many players who 'make up the numbers' and there happy doing that. our u18 group is very promising those and hopefully we can turn things around for them. we have golden oppurtunity with a team like reading theyve got history of developing players for top teams bertrand and afobe come to mind we should send players like suarez and rekik there, we've got wabara whos doing well at right back he should be allowed to trial with championship teams that need a right back and if there impressed then we could loan him out for the season. we need to loan them out to teams and managers who have a history of showing faith in youth and at the same time loan them to teams which put them out of there comfort zone like we did with rekik.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.