Nick Powell to the Rags

balotelli17 said:
LoveCity said:
WNRH said:
Who's to say if Rusnak was at Crewe that he would not be performing like Powell and being rated at £4m?

It makes sense I suppose but few of our younger lads on loan in England seem to be making a huge impression. Even Razak, after a couple of strong performances for Brighton, was let down by apparent disciplinary problems. I mean are United and Liverpool going to want Bunn, McGivern, Razak, or Nimely based on their loan spells in the lower leagues like they want Clayton and Powell based on their first team performances in the lower leagues?

As balotelli17 said it's possible there is a fundamental flaw in our youth system, my guess is it would be what comes after they move up from the under-18s league... the reserve system is horrible and this new U21 Premier League idea could be good for everyone.

As for Bunn, the giveaway with him might be that he never got capped by any of the England youth teams, whereas Hiwula (who looks really bright) is now in the England under-18s team which suggests he is a better player.

razak wont make it here imo and i think hes doing his best to get away from us from the interview he gave he sounded like he hated the club tbh and with adebayor being sold im not sure if he'll want to be back i hope im wrong as razaks up there with rekik imo. i huge flaw imo is players who shouldnt be at our eds players who clearly wont make it here are stalling development of the more talented players, they need to be training every day with quality youngsters we have too many players who 'make up the numbers' and there happy doing that. our u18 group is very promising those and hopefully we can turn things around for them. we have golden oppurtunity with a team like reading theyve got history of developing players for top teams bertrand and afobe come to mind we should send players like suarez and rekik there, we've got wabara whos doing well at right back he should be allowed to trial with championship teams that need a right back and if there impressed then we could loan him out for the season. we need to loan them out to teams and managers who have a history of showing faith in youth and at the same time loan them to teams which put them out of there comfort zone like we did with rekik.
Have you got a link to this interview

balotelli17 said:
LoveCity said:
WNRH said:
Who's to say if Rusnak was at Crewe that he would not be performing like Powell and being rated at £4m?

It makes sense I suppose but few of our younger lads on loan in England seem to be making a huge impression. Even Razak, after a couple of strong performances for Brighton, was let down by apparent disciplinary problems. I mean are United and Liverpool going to want Bunn, McGivern, Razak, or Nimely based on their loan spells in the lower leagues like they want Clayton and Powell based on their first team performances in the lower leagues?

As balotelli17 said it's possible there is a fundamental flaw in our youth system, my guess is it would be what comes after they move up from the under-18s league... the reserve system is horrible and this new U21 Premier League idea could be good for everyone.

As for Bunn, the giveaway with him might be that he never got capped by any of the England youth teams, whereas Hiwula (who looks really bright) is now in the England under-18s team which suggests he is a better player.

razak wont make it here imo and i think hes doing his best to get away from us from the interview he gave he sounded like he hated the club tbh and with adebayor being sold im not sure if he'll want to be back i hope im wrong as razaks up there with rekik imo. i huge flaw imo is players who shouldnt be at our eds players who clearly wont make it here are stalling development of the more talented players, they need to be training every day with quality youngsters we have too many players who 'make up the numbers' and there happy doing that. our u18 group is very promising those and hopefully we can turn things around for them. we have golden oppurtunity with a team like reading theyve got history of developing players for top teams bertrand and afobe come to mind we should send players like suarez and rekik there, we've got wabara whos doing well at right back he should be allowed to trial with championship teams that need a right back and if there impressed then we could loan him out for the season. we need to loan them out to teams and managers who have a history of showing faith in youth and at the same time loan them to teams which put them out of there comfort zone like we did with rekik.

Agree again but i think judging by the interviews that the whole youth and reserve set up is going through a transition. There are still contracts to honour from the previous management for example

Decent enough player, was expecting a bit more if I'm honest though, the next Steven Gerrard ? Well I watched Steven Gerrard quite often before he was in the Liverpool first team squad, as long as I've got a hole in my arse Powell will not be the next one.

greasedupdeafguy said:
balotelli17 said:
LoveCity said:

it was on sky channell 460 it was programme about adebayor and his life and razak was staying with adebayor(i think when he first joined brighton) i hope we were okay with this arrangment and we didnt just let razak be. he just seemed very bitter towards us, and i think what we need to do is follow wengers philosophy for youth theres a HUGE amount of competition at a club like arsenal and that brings the best out of players even if they dont make it they normally end up having a good carrer(like we used to do) but they have a healthy balance of homegrown and foreign players, and they use there reserves as the last step for the first team players on the boderline play there and players returning from injury pretty much everyone else is on loan. oxlade chamberlain was boderline so while people were calling for a loan wenger was happy to play him in the reserves, suarez would have come on leaps and bounds if playing in the reserves just like raheem sterling did this season and ross barkley did last year and the u21 league wont be ready for next season so we cant count on it.<br /><br />-- Sun May 27, 2012 4:31 pm --<br /><br />
Dirty Harry said:
Decent enough player, was expecting a bit more if I'm honest though, the next Steven Gerrard ? Well I watched Steven Gerrard quite often before he was in the Liverpool first team squad, as long as I've got a hole in my arse Powell will not be the next one.

i prefer clayton tbh and im happy were not going after powell, nick powell is dario grady up to his same old tricks he'll be getting a cut of the transfer so hes trying to get the price as high as possible. clayton should push on next year and get another full year at league 1 level he'll be the better of the two imo, we were more interested in dan smith tbh.

England should come with something of either Club II like Germany and Spain have or youth Premier League.

The first option looks to work very good for Germans and Spaniards. Competitive football on proper level and clubs could interchange players between first and 2nd team when they want.

balotelli17 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
balotelli17 said:

it was on sky channell 460 it was programme about adebayor and his life and razak was staying with adebayor(i think when he first joined brighton) i hope we were okay with this arrangment and we didnt just let razak be. he just seemed very bitter towards us, and i think what we need to do is follow wengers philosophy for youth theres a HUGE amount of competition at a club like arsenal and that brings the best out of players even if they dont make it they normally end up having a good carrer(like we used to do) but they have a healthy balance of homegrown and foreign players, and they use there reserves as the last step for the first team players on the boderline play there and players returning from injury pretty much everyone else is on loan. oxlade chamberlain was boderline so while people were calling for a loan wenger was happy to play him in the reserves, suarez would have come on leaps and bounds if playing in the reserves just like raheem sterling did this season and ross barkley did last year and the u21 league wont be ready for next season so we cant count on it.

What did he actually say in this interview? And he seemed happy enough celebrating when we scored against QPR.

Crewe say they've had no offers for Powell yet but some may happen next week. Arsenal are thought to be in for him now and I'd prefer a good talent went there than the scum. I hope we're looking out for English talent too as Barry is getting old, Lescott is almost 30, and there are no assurances about whether Milner and Johnson will be here long-term (especially Johnson who could be gone this summer). And there's no one we can really promote from within in the forseeable future except Razak (if he even declares for England).

LoveCity said:
Crewe say they've had no offers for Powell yet but some may happen next week. Arsenal are thought to be in for him now and I'd prefer a good talent went there than the scum. I hope we're looking out for English talent too as Barry is getting old, Lescott is almost 30, and there are no assurances about whether Milner and Johnson will be here long-term (especially Johnson who could be gone this summer). And there's no one we can really promote from within in the forseeable future except Razak (if he even declares for England).

Barry was really consistent last season and his age shouldn't really be taken into consideration as long as he can do it on the pitch and the same goes for Lescott.

I've heard Milner back to Villa on loan might be an option but quite why we'd allow that I don't know. Johnno to Sunderland seems to be the most heavily talked about though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.