Nicolás Otamendi - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Pep decided to bring him back in is a mystery. Defence were doing fine until he started pissing about with it. Otamendi is an average footballer who should be on the bench 90% of the time as he was at the start of the season. Should never split the CB’s up unless you have to. Cup matches and injury cover only for him.

Looks about fifty years old on the pitch at the moment

His passing seems to have gotten worse, too slow or misplaced.
His overall game from a defensive point of view has dropped a few notches and I wouldn’t have him near the team unless it was absolutely necessary.

Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I thought the interaction between Otamendi and Pep was interesting last night. Pep usually puts his arm around players and as he went to for a moment, seemed Nico wasn't too happy and seemed to me to "pretend" to run back twice and ask his assistant's something.

Seemed a bit of an excuse and staged to not be near Nico as there have been rumours he's unhappy, unsurprisingly, TBF.

I recall how cold he and Bravo were last season after the Carabao Cup final and reminded me of that a bit.

Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I thought the interaction between Otamendi and Pep was interesting last night. Pep usually puts his arm around players and as he went to for a moment, seemed Nico wasn't too happy and seemed to me to "pretend" to run back twice and ask his assistant's something.

Seemed a bit of an excuse and staged to not be near Nico as there have been rumours he's unhappy, unsurprisingly, TBF.

I recall how cold he and Bravo were last season after the Carabao Cup final and reminded me of that a bit.
His sub wasn't planned,it was done in a hurry with pep throwing his wooley around as well,doubt anything in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.