Nicoló Barella

Is he?

He gets more goals from midfield so I'd say that makes him very different.
Agree. Both excellent footballers but different players.

Can anyone make a case for how Barella is not a better overall footballer than Rice?

You do know the difference between a Manager / Coach than player? When was the last Italian PLAYER to pull up trees in the EPL? Zola? How long ago was that? There’s a lot of Rolando Bianchi’s and Bernardo Corradi’s to get to a Zola.
It's because the top players never came to the UK. Are you suggesting Bonucci or Chiellini would not have been dominant central defenders in the Prem? That Gundo or Bernardo are better players than Pirlo. That Harry Kane is any better than Francesco Totti? That Mount, Xhaka, Partey, or Fabinho could hold a candle to DeRossi? I can go on all night. Bianchi and Corradi are the Italian equivalent Patrick Bamford or Danny Ings, if that. You can go on all you'd like but it won't change the matter that Barella is an all around better player than Declan Rice.

It's because the top players never came to the UK. Are you suggesting Bonucci or Chiellini would not have been dominant central defenders in the Prem? That Gundo or Bernardo are better players than Pirlo. That Harry Kane is any better than Francesco Totti? That Mount, Xhaka, Partey, or Fabinho could hold a candle to DeRossi? I can go on all night. Bianchi and Corradi are the Italian equivalent Patrick Bamford or Danny Ings, if that. You can go on all you'd like but it won't change the matter that Barella is an all around better player than Declan Rice.
Yes, you’ve just proved you can go on all night about players from Italy that didn’t come to the EPL. Where do the top players in the Premier League come from? France, Spain, Germany, Scandinavia, Brazil, Argentina. The rest are exceptions that prove the rule. Italians miss Nonna’s home cooking.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.