Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No confidence in him after this week. Dreadful but we have £100 million of defenders sat on the bench who are no better.

I tend to agree with you. I don't really rate our defenders as footballers. Despite the price tags. The odd good season or run of good games doesn't cut it for me. Good defenders are dependable and rack up hundreds of games. Kompany's injured half the time, Ota's had one good season out of three, Stones has played 20 good games in 2 years. Mangala.......I could go on but I just get annoyed. Tactics aside, the bottom line is the quality of the players. For a start, there's no pace in there apart from Walker. I hear Mendy but he's a myth for the time being, a figment of social media. He looked clumsy to me unless the ball was put in front of him to run onto. He injured himself through his own clumsiness. It's a great team running one way.

His worst week at the club.

Giving the ball away, passing to players when he shouldn’t putting them under pressure, stupidly dribbling into midfield, running out of position to chase someone causing no immediate danger, losing markers, diving in...

Shows he can’t handle pressure at all, the epitome of a shit bag!

One of the main reasons we lost yesterday. Fucking terrible!

Time for Laporte to take over now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolute shite and totally switches off when the going gets tough. He's got no bottle at all, might look good when we have 90% possession and he has to do the odd nlocb, but put any sort of pressure on him and he's embarrassingly bad

His worst week at the club.

Giving the ball away, passing to players when he shouldn’t putting them under pressure, stupidly dribbling into midfield, running out of position to chase someone causing no immediate danger, losing markers, diving in...

Shows he can’t handle pressure at all, the epitome of a shit bag!

One of the main reasons we lost yesterday. Fucking terrible!

Time for Laporte to take over now.

Fully agree.

Much better player than last season but is still a weak link when we are under pressure. He needs rotating for the next few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.