Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's when he goes off-piste that things go awry. Dribbling into a cul-de-sac at Anfield, tailgating Sanchez only to be embarrassingly turned, and by-passing an open player only to waywardly chip to Danilo. Our game is based on continually repeating the simple things, but the moment someone deviates, the system crashes horribly, and Otamendi has gone rogue in the last two games.

His pass to Danilo that led to him fouling Sanchez was criminal.

He’s mostly had a fine season but he loses his head too easily and at this most pressurised point of the season it has cost us games. I would give Eric or Stones a go in his place.

I think that Spain game has shaken him and the past 2 games have really shown it. Think that needs to be his season now, Vinnie can have Tuesday with Laporte then we need to work on Stones/Laporte building a rapport till the end of the season as it's hard to see that they're not going to be the first choice pair in August.

Been superb for most of this season and massively improved from last but all three Utd goals were down to him to a greater or lesser degree. Mostly greater. The ability to completely lose his head still hasn't been drummed out of him and I'm not sure it ever will. Apart from the OG's he reminds a bit of Dunney, with his ability to drop a complete clanger when there is no obvious danger.

I think that Spain game has shaken him and the past 2 games have really shown it. Think that needs to be his season now, Vinnie can have Tuesday with Laporte then we need to work on Stones/Laporte building a rapport till the end of the season as it's hard to see that they're not going to be the first choice pair in August.

I don’t think that break prior to these two games has benefitted us at all.

It was near enough 3 weeks which coming into the business end of the season it’s just too long in my opinion.

It has definitely played s part in adding some sort of distortion in our game in my opinion.

We have players who only need to make a mistake at the back once and it's a goal. I've seen teams pack penalty areas all season and lead a charmed life for ninety minutes, blocking, ball dropping to a foot of a defender and not an attacker, and repeat! We worked two lovely goals and then let in three shitty ones.

Hes's had a great season but been a bag of shit for two games running.

Sorry @Dax777
And I agree with every word you've written. I don't disagree he has been poor the last 2 games. But if you look at my response, you'd see I'm not defending his play the last 2 games, rather I'm questioning in the intelligence of those who'd rather conclude his value based on 2 games while ignoring the prior 35.

That's just assinine. And frankly childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.