Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones and Laporte are the future,we all know it,fact is Otamendi has had a bit of a purple patch this season with some really good performances,but still reckless too often,one tackle away from a pen or red,no good at all for us that.

To be fair to him he doesn't shit himself like some. Unfortunately he thinks he's great.
Tbh mate I think he's by far the worst culprit for shitting himself. As soon as the going gets tough he reverts to type, diving in making rash tackes and poor decision making. Thought we'd cracked it with him but he's been appalling the last couple of games.

Danilo? He is gash.

Erm no.......Delph-Laoporte-Stones-Walker is more like it.

Danilo was excellent in the first half, came into midfield to help us dominate that area a lot, exploited the big space left by Sanchez coming inside, quite a few good attacks came from his flank.

He's clearly more of an attacking threat than Walker, but weak to some typical English things like stopping crosses. The question is whether we're going to need that against Liverpool? Are they going to be launching crosses into Firmino and Mané? Probably not. Will we need every helping hand in attack? Probably yes.

Another thing to consider is that Salah has been stopped pretty effectively in 2 big games by Young and Aurier - two right footed RB's playing LB. He's always going to cut inside so it seems like having a right footed player taking him on is a possible strategy.

The irrationality on this thread, while not surprising, is disappointing.

I think it’s time to give stones another chance. Just tell him to get back to basics and play like he did before Xmas. I’d probably give him a game alongside vinny on tues.

I think it’s time to give stones another chance. Just tell him to get back to basics and play like he did before Xmas. I’d probably give him a game alongside vinny on tues.

tbf to both laporte and stones they haven't actually been given a proper run in the side. other then the odd game here and there theyve barely played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.