Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pass to Rodri cost us the goal.

It is typical Otamendi though, does so much right, but makes one terrible decision a game. Love his service to City but we need to move on from him next season.
Thats always the thing with Otamendi though. The problem is when you do that consistently as a centerback, which he does, it actually means you aren't very good, almost irrespective of the other 89 minutes.

Think that criticism of Ota for the goal is harsh and was the pass not meant for Mahrez anyway?

Regardless Rodri didn't help things trying to return it to Nico which Modric read and intercepted. Rodri did this numerous times in the game under hitting short simple passes that lost us the ball in bad areas particularly in the first half.

Think that criticism of Ota for the goal is harsh and was the pass not meant for Mahrez anyway?

Regardless Rodri didn't help things trying to return it to Nico which Modric read and intercepted. Rodri did this numerous times in the game under hitting short simple passes that lost us the ball in bad areas particularly in the first half.

I think the buck stops with Walker. Those mistakes could have been easily undone by Kyle but he didn't deal with it.

That's not to let Rodri and Otamendi off the hook, I just think Walker's mistake was the deciding factor but I guess he had a great game other than that.

Thats always the thing with Otamendi though. The problem is when you do that consistently as a centerback, which he does, it actually means you aren't very good, almost irrespective of the other 89 minutes.

Fans gave Richard Dunne 4 POTY awards for the exact same thing. Different times, I know.

Everything comes from Otamendi not being able to control a football and panicking. He's the one who cause the goal, he's just not good enough and it's why they supposedly tried to shift him last summer, and why he'll leave this summer.

It's not his fault, he's just not good enough.

That's the problem with Otamendi though, he always has 1 or 2 clangers per game in him and he just can't be trusted as a result.

True bit i thought he had a pretty good game last night. Mendy was far worse in terms of shody passing. I thought all 3 CBs played well and we pretty much shut them out and coped with a very high press. Very few defenders could have coped with the way RM went after the ball high up the pitch like they did with us and not keep them down to 1 goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.