Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a good servant for the club but now he is nowhere to he level needed . Fair play if he goes as I thought he would just run his contact down .

Will always split opinions but in my opinion he was our most reliable and consistent central defender for at least 2 - 3 seasons.

He may be rash, he may be a bit slow, but he always gave 110% and he deserves plenty of credit if he moves on.

He also has an unbelievably handsome beard. Just beautiful.

After the Centurion season was the time to sell. Nico was really really good, playing far above his usual level. He hasn’t come close to that form since.

Yes, I remember you saying after that season that he should be sold , because he had played really well, ,picked in the premier TOTS.)

1 good season out of 5. IMO its stretch to say he has been good signing. OK at best.

Certainly not a bargain

1 good season out of 5. IMO its stretch to say he has been good signing. OK at best.

Certainly not a bargain in any shape or form.

He had one very good season but also some decent games around that. He's played his part in our success & it's not his fault we gave him too long contract & failed to replace Kompany.

He should have been moved on earlier but I wish him all the best for his part in the best ever City years.

Will always split opinions but in my opinion he was our most reliable and consistent central defender for at least 2 - 3 seasons.

He may be rash, he may be a bit slow, but he always gave 110% and he deserves plenty of credit if he moves on.

He also has an unbelievably handsome beard. Just beautiful.
He may be rash and a bit slow - but so is Fernandinho nowadays and Pep insisted on playing him at CH this season instead of Otamendi. Fernandinho is an excellent holding midfielder but is he any better at CH than Otamendi ? It was a few years ago now but I remember Otamendi having a really good game marking Messi when we beat them at our place - he came as close as anyone could possibly get to marking him out of the game - think he got free once and scored. But consistency is important as was proved when Mangala made his impressive debut v Chelsea and then sunk without a trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.