Nigel De Jong (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I am a fan of Nigel but the way he is being made out to be an important and major part of our team is frankly ridiculous. I have seen quotes from blues that he was a 'settled team member' and it is just wrong. He is in danger of leaving here with a better reputation than he deserved. He is not a Kompany, Yaya, Silva or Aguero. Nigel was a squad player, not a first team regular and could even be considered almost as Barry's understudy when Barry was fit. He was not a key member of that championship winning team but was asked to do a job when required. He played 14 times in the league last season and that figure is probably skewed in his favour by the appearances made in Yaya's absence in January. I will be sad to see him leave but will also be extremely disappointed if he is seen as a City great. An important member of our squad but not our first choice team.

Sheriff Fatman said:
First off I am a fan of Nigel but the way he is being made out to be an important and major part of our team is frankly ridiculous. I have seen quotes from blues that he was a 'settled team member' and it is just wrong. He is in danger of leaving here with a better reputation than he deserved. He is not a Kompany, Yaya, Silva or Aguero. Nigel was a squad player, not a first team regular and could even be considered almost as Barry's understudy when Barry was fit. He was not a key member of that championship winning team but was asked to do a job when required. He played 14 times in the league last season and that figure is probably skewed in his favour by the appearances made in Yaya's absence in January. I will be sad to see him leave but will also be extremely disappointed if he is seen as a City great. An important member of our squad but not our first choice team.
Would agree.

Sheriff Fatman said:

Last season I'd agree...but for 2 seasons before that he was a core member of the midfield playing over 30 games a season and was missed when he didn't play.

I think the point is that his departure leaves us a little short if anyone picks up an injury or when Yaya goes to the ACN in Jan again.

johnmc said:
oakiecokie said:
Yawn.Thank you Mr Boring.I know as many others know that a contract was rejected by Nige.

What does that have to do with the price of fish?? Who is disputing that exactly? Making things up as you go along.

You are however saying you know who sat in with De Jong - unless you were there or have insider knowledge you don't. So which is it - you know nothing but claim to or you know something but won't divulge? See if you can answer a simple question for a change.

As I said before YAWN.

oakiecokie said:
As I said before YAWN.

As I have said before you are unable to answer a question as you don't know the answer. Despite posting as if you do. If you are going to respond respond with the names of the people who sat on De Jongs side of the table in the contract negotiations.

I suspect you ddont know and expect another half witted response.

johnmc said:
oakiecokie said:
Yawn.Thank you Mr Boring.I know as many others know that a contract was rejected by Nige.

What does that have to do with the price of fish?? Who is disputing that exactly? Making things up as you go along.

You are however saying you know who sat in with De Jong - unless you were there or have insider knowledge you don't. So which is it - you know nothing but claim to or you know something but won't divulge? See if you can answer a simple question for a change.
I know someone that was party to the talks and Nigel did reject a number of offers.

As is his right I may add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.