Nigel De Jong

vincent said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Not sure i agree with ya there pal, when Lesley changed the tactics and the Scum started by-passing midfield then he was a spectator but he was screaming at Hughes at one point from the center circle to change it back, which MH eventually did and he came back into it in the last 10-15 minutes.

He is a quality act and for me has to start, especially away games when we need to have that holding player. VK should go to CB with Toure and move Lescott to LB in place of Bridge who simply doesnt lok good enough and proving why Cole kept him out of that position at Chelski.

Just my opinion though pal, healthy to debate such brilliant players after the likes of Bob Taylor, Gerry Creaney and Lee Bradbury to name but 3 from the past!

Good points mate. To be honest I was so fuckin stressed watching it. I just coudn't understand why the midfield total lost it in the 2nd half. I think he is a class player and in the first half he was outstanding.

The midfield lost it Vincent because the scum came out second half and used the wings- mainly their left. all their goals were from the left and they took note that micah wasnt on his game and used this to their advantage..Mark Hughes will know in future to change things so in effect this was a good learning curve for us..Id rather lose three points to the scum than say wigan or stoke away tbh..
We can and will learn from our mistakes and shore up our weaknesses which im sorry to add still seem to be at the back..we were all worried about losing Ade for this one and we forgot to concentrate on the defence rather than the attack..
Oh well...live and learn.

johnny crossan said:
Danamy said:
I said it yesterday and i'll say it again that we totally lost our shape when we decided to push Bellamy upfront.
Before this we looked comfortable and coping in midfield i.e: De Jong breaking up play with Ireland and Barry picking up the pieces.
With Bellamy upfront and Ireland on the left we had 4 across the middle and that's when they started finding the spaces.
I still don't know why this decision was made?.......maybe Tevez was getting tired but if he was we should of made a change and not lost our shape.
To me this was the turning point as they gained possesion we put pressure on ourselves........

*Rant Over

Danamy you are now my official analyst hero. What do you think we should do about the right side?

In my humble opinion i think Richards lacks concentration in games and forgets the basics i.e: when Given has the ball Bridgey runs wide and offers an outlet, Richards never does this and it's basic full back stuff, Toure was screaming at him to do this on many occasions during the Arsenal game.
He's like a rabbit in the headlights at times and is unaware of what's around him and gets attracted to the ball (Owens goal)
Shame Johnson picked Liverpool instead of us because we would of had good pace on both flanks and i think him and SWP would of been good together!!

He's Breaking Legs In The Hot Sun

You Fought De jong and de jong won!

You Fought De jong and De jong won!

He hates all reds cos, they are scum

You Fought De jong and de jong won!

You Fought De jong and De jong won!

he left you lying, on your arse

i guess your race is run

he's the best midfielder we've ever hard

You fought de jong and de jong won!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBeT4ptY9sY[/youtube]

Oh De Jong! Oh De Jong!
He's built like King Kong.

Oh De Jong! Oh De Jong!
Not his body, his shhhllllong.

Directions to the coat room? ;)

Have to agree that NDJ should not be dropped on form.

I am surprised after such a good season last year we seem to have tried to change Ireland more into a holding midfielder - he is simply not as good as NDJ in this role, so his place is most under threat for me. Once Kompany is back we are hugely strong in that area.

Big few games for Stevie - he needs to prove either that he is better than Nige in that defensive role, or better than Barry as an all rounder. He can do it, we know he can, but it's going to be very difficult.

he isnt fit enough atm, lack of match practice id say, lost steam against the arse n all

dref619 said:
he isnt fit enough atm, lack of match practice id say, lost steam against the arse n all

Will get fitter (and possibly better) with every game he plays.

Would be the first name on my team sheet at the moment. Well, maybe second after Shay. And third once Ade is back.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Have to agree that NDJ should not be dropped on form.

I am surprised after such a good season last year we seem to have tried to change Ireland more into a holding midfielder - he is simply not as good as NDJ in this role, so his place is most under threat for me. Once Kompany is back we are hugely strong in that area.

Big few games for Stevie - he needs to prove either that he is better than Nige in that defensive role, or better than Barry as an all rounder. He can do it, we know he can, but it's going to be very difficult.

How can anyone seriously believe that Stevie has been given a holding role in midfield and is competing with NDJ. He hasnt always had the same freedom as at times last year but in no way has he been asked to hold like NDJ. When we only have 1 main striker , like on Sunday , he is supposed to work just off that striker. Just a matter of time and confidence before he hits the heights again.

Goater=Legend said:
We need to keep hold of him, hes amazing. The amount of times he kept breaking up there play was brilliant. He really does put in a performance in the big games.

Even my rag mates, who are he most biased set of dicks you will ever see, agreed he had a cracking match

Cant Say The Same For

Swp & Ireland Sort Off & Definatly Not Richards & Bridgey :(

ajw said:
Goater=Legend said:
We need to keep hold of him, hes amazing. The amount of times he kept breaking up there play was brilliant. He really does put in a performance in the big games.

Even my rag mates, who are he most biased set of dicks you will ever see, agreed he had a cracking match

Cant Say The Same For

Swp & Ireland Sort Off & Definatly Not Richards & Bridgey :(

Based on the few games they've played this season? You are ready to ship players out, based on what? 6 games? Please fuck off. Ireland was our player of the year, last season. You already forgot that? FFS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.