Nigel De Jong

de-jong gave him no back-up whatsoever ,contributed nothing, hid, got by-passed, chased a few shadows and generally left Vieira to take the flak.

I totally agree with this.

Viera was taking so much flak the other night but what people fail to acknowledge is he wasn't afraid to put himself in a position to be knocked down. He was on the ball a lot, always looking forward for a positive pass. So what if some passes went astray and he hasn't got the pace he once had? He's off the pace like Ade but he didn't get any stick.

De Jong is immune to criticism because his game is so limited, and putting your neck on the line playing a forward pass gets more respect from me then putting it on the line flying into tackles.

spot on with the comment that he hides...too true ..how many times does he pick it up off the back four to start a move? receive the ball from a throw in? offer himself as a passing option for a teammate? actually take the ball forward over the half way line? ....pass the ball without having to use the side of his foot...he never does any of the above....makele, your having a laugh surely

For me he's a very one dimensional player but that's not to say he's Ineffective, far from it. He's very very good at Reading the ball and breaking up play but he's certainly not a passer or a ball carrier.

It works two ways tbh, against teams where we want to control games I.e. Burnley, Stoke etc you need two mobile ball players in the centre to push up the pitch and keep the ball, for that my ideal combo atm would be GB and PV. When teams do decide to play the ball into the strikers feet and control possession, that's where nige is most effective, snuffing out passes and late runs by opposition midfielders which is why his peformances are so good against the better teams.
In conclusion I'd probably rest nige now until the games against Arsenal and United and Maybe spurs and villa depending on how they go about business(long ball etc)

I think some people are missing the point. If City changed their system to cater for this ONE player so we could see the best of him or whether City brought in new players to bring out the best of this ONE player, he would still remain a below par player. He offers nothing other than giving away free-kicks on the edge of our own box.

I don't care what he did at Hamburg, Ajax or with Holland. My concern is what he does at City and it's very little. Do you want City to win things or do you want us just to be the same old average team but with loads of money to boast about? Kind of fruitless really.
Get rid of the deadwood. We need a squad full of top players. We need to start thinking like a team that can be/are the best. Two years back we would have settled for De Jong, not any more.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPSU-evCVBA[/youtube]

The Dutch reporter makes me laugh;

"Forget Kaka, you have De Jong!"

Dukers said:
I think some people are missing the point. If City changed their system to cater for this ONE player so we could see the best of him or whether City brought in new players to bring out the best of this ONE player, he would still remain a below par player. He offers nothing other than giving away free-kicks on the edge of our own box.

I don't care what he did at Hamburg, Ajax or with Holland. My concern is what he does at City and it's very little. Do you want City to win things or do you want us just to be the same old average team but with loads of money to boast about? Kind of fruitless really.
Get rid of the deadwood. We need a squad full of top players. We need to start thinking like a team that can be/are the best. Two years back we would have settled for De Jong, not any more.
Barry can fill the De Jong role with Knobs on, what we need are a couple of pacey players who can pass and battle to play in front of him. De Jong just doesn't fit the bill for a team who expect to be on the front foot most of the time!

Lucas North said:
Dicky99 said:
Ajax - 95 apps
Hamburg - 66 apps
City - 47 apps and counting
Holland - 34 caps

All these managers cant be wrong. Top Class managers at that, but oh no wait, there are so many Top Class managers sat on here isnt there? With all them qualifications and knowledge of top flight and international football.
He should play every game for us, end of.

Means fuck-all, the Nevilles have numerous England Caps, Umpteen medals and they are both kack.

If l was Vieira l would be livid, at least he tried to shoulder some responsibility the other night and got involved, not everything came off and he got slaughtered for it.

de-jong gave him no back-up whatsoever ,contributed nothing, hid, got by-passed, chased a few shadows and generally left Vieira to take the flak.

However, a few of the less savvy posters still think he is 'class' ,'mint', 'ace'.

Heard it all now,when the Nevilles where winnin Caps n medals they were far from kak,i hate em just as much as you obviously do,but you cant use that in your arguement,and after the Everton game with whats on offer at our place i would still have phil neville as our RB,
As for Viera FFS even Bobby Manc admits he needs to up his game,which in manager speak is you were shite mate,get a fookin grip,as for NDJ givin him no back up ,that translates to him doin the work of 2 men all night,Viera took Flak cause it was deserved and hes been here pickin money up under false pretences,in your words i must be a "savvy" poster cause i dont think he is "class,mint ,ace" just a fuckin good player who plays his heart out for us every tme he plays,might not be enough for you ,but me and you obviously watch different games

Mancini expects more from Vieria, he doesn't expect much from De Jong, in effect he has a licence to be shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.