Nigel de Jong

Lucas North said:
GStar said:
We get it, you don't rate him...

Well he does 'look the part' l suppose, with his shaven head and trademark snarl , l'm not kidded by it though .

We know your not,but the standin ovation at the Derby means 45,000th are minus you of course,cause you and the other 2% that dont rate him,were sat down i presume.

alextrueblue said:
kiiiki said:
In my opinion, De Jong is athletic and fairly quick, and him making sliding tackles give the impression that he's a beast more than he actually is. He's got a great engine, will give 100% all game and never tires. So his all action style makes him look better than what he actually is. He's a limited player, more limited than all those players I mentioned. Im not a City, Liverpool or Spurs(hate them) fan. But I do rate Mach, Palacios and Song higher than De Jong as overall DM midfielders

your opinion doesn't count, based on the fact you are mentally retarded.

lool great argument there.....fair enough if I said messi is average, then you can call me names. Saying De Jong is limited player and his all action style makes him look better than he really is does not warrant abuse....in my opinion.

Yesterday Arsenal dominated the midfield with Song, Diaby and Nasri....how many tackles did he win, how long did he keep the ball. We saw both Song and Diaby carry the ball for their team, very comfortable on the ball....yet they won as many tackles and made as many interceptions. Its a myth that he's a beast.

I'm not a fanboy but I thought he had a great game, he was instrumental in setting the tempo when we got on top, until wenger made his changes. he was very proactive in winning the ball back and getting it moving to the right people quickly.

it was better than the derby performance, which won all the plaudits but didn't quite wash with me, he did very well for long periods of that game but just when we needed him to push out to win the ball back the most, to stop them passing around the edge of the box, he started backing off. that's partly why we got 'stuck' in our own penalty area for ten minutes, forcing us to bring on viera and cut out the supply to nani.

I guess that what drives me nuts about him is the reason to keep him, he can improve greatly just by learning the game a bit more. he has the guts for it, stamina, power, agility, reactions by the bucketload. time to become a student

As for the others, Mascherano is a hothead, but I reckon he is a proper tactical whizzkid. his work off the ball is so so clever, he reads the game as well as anyone I've seen. he never waits for things to happen, he's already shut it down by moving into exactly the right position. he's one or two steps ahead. he influences the whole shape of the game. he also has a very decent passing range. he'd get into any team out there. de rossi and cambiasso are the only ones who comes close IMO.

song has come on but he's not in that league yet. palacios and fletcher are nothing like them.

Saw him play his best game ever last week.. saw him going forward a hell of a lot.. maybe hes learning new tricks..

I do really like him though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.