Nigel de Jong

kiiiki said:
GStar said:
He's a differnet league to Mascherano, i prefer him to Song, Palacios is worse than all of them and Fletcher isn't really a defensive midfielder... he's a twat. ;)

He's in the same league as Mach and is very similar. Song is much better on the ball. Palacios also has more to his game, even though he's not on great form.

IMO, Mascherano looses his head and has a poorer footballing brain, Song is much poorer at actually tackling an opponent and as a said, Palacios is the worst of the lot defensively.

the 'big games' this season against the 'the big 4'

who has been pretty much the best player for us in everyone of them games?

De Jong.

If he wasn't on the pitch yesterday we would of got well and truely shafted.

Gareth barry is a carthorse and overated.

never see him get called on here though?

GStar said:
kiiiki said:
He's in the same league as Mach and is very similar. Song is much better on the ball. Palacios also has more to his game, even though he's not on great form.

IMO, Mascherano looses his head and has a poorer footballing brain, Song is much poorer at actually tackling an opponent and as a said, Palacios is the worst of the lot defensively.

In my opinion, De Jong is athletic and fairly quick, and him making sliding tackles give the impression that he's a beast more than he actually is. He's got a great engine, will give 100% all game and never tires. So his all action style makes him look better than what he actually is. He's a limited player, more limited than all those players I mentioned. Im not a City, Liverpool or Spurs(hate them) fan. But I do rate Mach, Palacios and Song higher than De Jong as overall DM midfielders

Dukers said:
I don't know what game people were watching yesterday but he hardly did anything. He chased shadows. Arsenal players were waltzing past him. He occassionally jockeyed players until they passed it on and then it wasn't his responsiblity. He doesn't mark up. He doesn't press the ball. Yet, people on here call him awesome and a warrior cos he might dive in for a tackle twice a game when he could have stayed on his feet and come out with the ball. That's not awesome, that's naive game play.
For me, he's an empty shirt. He's a crab with a crap beard.

Good post and correct in every aspect , 'empty shirt ' ,love that expression .

kiiiki said:
GStar said:

In my opinion, De Jong is athletic and fairly quick, and him making sliding tackles give the impression that he's a beast more than he actually is. He's got a great engine, will give 100% all game and never tires. So his all action style makes him look better than what he actually is. He's a limited player, more limited than all those players I mentioned. Im not a City, Liverpool or Spurs(hate them) fan. But I do rate Mach, Palacios and Song higher than De Jong as overall DM midfielders

your opinion doesn't count, based on the fact you are mentally retarded.

Lucas North said:
Dukers said:
I don't know what game people were watching yesterday but he hardly did anything. He chased shadows. Arsenal players were waltzing past him. He occassionally jockeyed players until they passed it on and then it wasn't his responsiblity. He doesn't mark up. He doesn't press the ball. Yet, people on here call him awesome and a warrior cos he might dive in for a tackle twice a game when he could have stayed on his feet and come out with the ball. That's not awesome, that's naive game play.
For me, he's an empty shirt. He's a crab with a crap beard.

Massive yawn

Ricster said:
This thread is laughable.

De Jong is a rich man's Neil Lennon. Great at passing the ball backwards under no pressure and puts in 110%. But thats it.

People go on about his tackling, i'd love to see what his success rate is by a respected site, cos he does misstime a tackle.

Yesterday, De Jong was nothing but average, and there was a period of play in the 2nd half where he guessed which way Rosicky was going to go with the ball. He guessed wrong, and all i can say is that im glad Vieira was there to cover his ass, cos if he wasn't Arsenal was on a counter.

He is nowhere near worth the £18m we paid for him and i cant see him getting any better.

What gets me is its mostly the same people calling De Jong class who call Ade shit.

Now that is funny!

liamctid likes this

GStar said:
Lucas North said:

We get it, you don't rate him...

Well he does 'look the part' l suppose, with his shaven head and trademark snarl , l'm not kidded by it though .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.