Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
I sense a trend - match going Blues (who can see what is going on off the ball as well as on it) tend to have a high regard for Nigel, whereas tv and play station fans seem to think he is not good enough - if you go to games and watch what Nigel does, on and off the ball, tracking runs etc I think you see more than on the telly

Went to 11 league games and 2 uefa cup matches last year.

I heard dislike for Dzeko, Savic, Kolorov, De Jong, Johnson and Mario.

Dzeko because his touch was poor and his shooting not on song.
Savic because he is woeful and a liability.
Kolorov because he leaves gaping holes when going forward, lack of pace, calls for Clichy every time he played.
De Jong because he plays safe and isn't adventurous going forward. Keen to sit back whereas Barry will go forward more.
John because he does amazingly little, will happily stand still and wait for the ball. Same trick every time, run and cut in and rarely takes on a player.
Mario because he frustrates the shit out of us.

All of those players were criticised by fans at the games and also on forum. I don't see the correlation. Going to matches makes you no better a fan or gives your opinion any more stock than the people watching at home. Clueless fans aside, there should not be a precious attitude from game going fans. Not everybody can afford to watch games and nor have the opportunity.

Very flippant comment imo fella. Don't mean to be an arse but it's a broad sweeping statement that is wide of the mark.

Will say one thing though, I genuinely detest fans that boo a player/s. The 2nd leg v Lisbon in particular disgusted me. Yet match going fans are seen in a positive light?!?

I dont get the panic! He hardly was a major player last year. You really think we'll miss him that badly?

audiodave08 said:
What the absolute fuck..!!
Sinclair<AJ
Rodwell<De Jong

???

Said exactly the same in the 'quiet' thread and had to qualify my comment. Got the usual 'I trust Mancini comment', I fucking guarantee Mancini is pissed off with how things are going at the mo. We are weaker now than when we won the league for gods sake, let alone strengthening for this campaign!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 pm --<br /><br />
pablomurphy said:
I dont get the panic! He hardly was a major player last year. You really think we'll miss him that badly?
He wasn't a main player no but he was used often as a sub and provided cover for Barry and Yaya, helped to change games when we put him on and pushed Yaya up field.

Not an integral player but a player with experience who could be relied upon and has been replaced with a promising but massively unproven player who wasn't even a first teamer at Everton!

NipHolmes said:
audiodave08 said:
Sinclair<AJ
Rodwell<De Jong

???

Said exactly the same in the 'quiet' thread and had to qualify my comment. Got the usual 'I trust Mancini comment', I fucking guarantee Mancini is pissed off with how things are going at the mo. We are weaker now than when we won the league for gods sake, let alone strengthening for this campaign!

What you got told is to stop flapping and wait to see what the morrow brings simples as the Mere-cat says

I'm not one of Nige's biggest fans, but I fail to see the logic to this unless we pull off a miracle and bring in De Rossi before the deadline.

At this rate we'll have a weaker side than we entered pre-season with.

Ducado said:
NipHolmes said:
audiodave08 said:
Sinclair<AJ
Rodwell<De Jong

???

Said exactly the same in the 'quiet' thread and had to qualify my comment. Got the usual 'I trust Mancini comment', I fucking guarantee Mancini is pissed off with how things are going at the mo. We are weaker now than when we won the league for gods sake, let alone strengthening for this campaign!

What you got told is to stop flapping and wait to see what the morrow brings simples as the Mere-cat says

But that wasn't the debate was it. My point is that we are weaker for the players that have gone to the players that have been brought in.

It was an answer to a question I didn't ask. Fact is De Jong and Johnson are superior to Rodwell and Sinclair and that was my whole point.

We will not sign De Rossi, as this is too big a transfer to complete on the last day but this move surprises me as Mancini stated we were short in this midfield.
Also he started at Liverpool which suggests the manager still trusted the player.

NipHolmes said:
Ducado said:
NipHolmes said:

But that wasn't the debate was it. My point is that we are weaker for the players that have gone to the players that have been brought in.

It was an answer to a question I didn't ask. Fact is De Jong and Johnson are superior to Rodwell and Sinclair and that was my whole point.

Fact is that's your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.