Nigel Farage

There's some top level tin foil hat conspiracy stuff going on here, at least the thread has gone from vitriol to comedy.
Posting a link to a Telegraph story and speculating about the background to that story is hardly tin foil hat stuff. It could be wrong but the last person sneering about conspiracies in relation to government interference in the running of NatWest was made to look a complete fool by what every media outlet reported as fact.

Posting a link to a Telegraph story and speculating about the background to that story is hardly tin foil hat stuff. It could be wrong but the last person sneering about conspiracies in relation to government interference in the running of NatWest was made to look a complete fool by what every media outlet reported as fact.
Of course the govt is interfering, it's a 39% shareholder. I don't think anyone in or out of govt will be bending over backwards for farage though. He's been a thorn in the side of British politicians of all hues for 20 years and he must surely have enemies everywhere?

Of course the govt is interfering, it's a 39% shareholder. I don't think anyone in or out of govt will be bending over backwards for farage though. He's been a thorn in the side of British politicians of all hues for 20 years and he must surely have enemies everywhere?

I think you may be making the quite understandable mistake of thinking that our current government always act in the best interests of the country.

Always follow the money, especially when assessing Tory politicians.

So it’s a fairly legitimate question to ask why they are providing such support to Farage’s campaign against NatWest.

The conservatives will absolutely bend over backwards for Farage, the last thing they want is him even possibly entering politics again, even with how much they’ve allowed ukip ideas into the party already.

The conservatives will absolutely bend over backwards for Farage, the last thing they want is him even possibly entering politics again, even with how much they’ve allowed ukip ideas into the party already.

I expect they really want a repeat of the last election when any Farage party avoided Conservative marginals. That told everyone that they were close and that the Conservatives needed the avoidance.

I expect they really want a repeat of the last election when any Farage party avoided Conservative marginals. That told everyone that they were close and that the Conservatives needed the avoidance.

Exactly that. If Farage came back and that party ran against them everywhere, that really could lead to a wipe out election for them.

Exactly that. If Farage came back and that party ran against them everywhere, that really could lead to a wipe out election for them.

what would his USP be? Brexit? Majority polled regret it now its going through and in any debate his pre-Brexit promises can be dragged out and put up against him.
Posh bank accounts for posh people? The Hoi Polloi can use Barclays?
Fishing? If he set foot in Hartlepool or Penzance he'd never get out alive.
Small boats ? Anybody capable of decent debate will crucify him telling him you cannot just send people anywhere without prior treaty agreement.
Pints and lbs ? A quick explanation as to the inflationary costs caused by business having to change packaging etc to accommodate that wet dream. Oh and the ending of so many exports - even treaty partners only accept metric weights and use Km's ffs.
I think he had his one big chance but he was another one sweet talked by Johnson into acting against his own interests and stood Brexit Party candidates down. In fact for many Brexiteers that act and the subsequent car crash that is Brexit contrary to what he promised them is another reason to shun him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.