Nigel Farage

Whos supported him ? Not anyone ive seen on here

But whats also cringeworthy as fuck is people agreeing with what coutts have done and think its ok.

He is an odious **** but you know, surely as a society we are better than that?

Depends which bit really. I think it’s entirely wrong they spoke to the bbc about it and people were right to resign for it. I don’t have an issue at all with them closing his account. Had they not offered him a NatWest one then I would have been in agreement with Farage.

Gina Millar and her pro EU party have also had account withdrawn due to politics it would seem by Monzo.

It’s just wrong, her politics are her own business.

Gina Millar and her pro EU party have also had account withdrawn due to politics it would seem by Monzo.

Yes. I have more of an issue with that one than the Coutts one.

They are both equally wrong.

If NatWest had denied Farage an account I’d agree. Everybody has a right to a bank account, both individuals and political parties. I’m less bothered about private banks who have an eligibility criteria anyway though, that’s just a world where personally I think they can all sod off.

A spokeswoman for the bank said: "Like lots of banks, we do not accept any political parties as Monzo Business customers in the same way that we don't currently accept trusts, clubs and a range of other organisations.
"In this case, the account wasn't originally categorised as a political party.
"After this was identified and corrected, the customer was given notice that the account would be closed. We recognise that this experience will have been frustrating for the customer and we're sorry for that."

No it’s not. This is the very first paragraph of their terms and conditions. She obviously didn’t read them and the account was opened in error.

These legal terms are between you and Monzo Bank Limited (Monzo/us/we) and you agree to them by using the Monzo app. Your Monzo account is a personal UK current account and you mustn’t use it for business purposes. You must be a UK resident to have a Monzo account.

No it’s not. This is the very first paragraph of their terms and conditions. She obviously didn’t read them and the account was opened in error.

These legal terms are between you and Monzo Bank Limited (Monzo/us/we) and you agree to them by using the Monzo app. Your Monzo account is a personal UK current account and you mustn’t use it for business purposes. You must be a UK resident to have a Monzo account.

They do business accounts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.