Nigel Farage

Yes they do. But political parties are not eligible for their business accounts.

So they now say after opening it originally.

9 banks have previously turned her and her party away.

Why?

I doubt the Tory, Labour and Lib Dem parties have any trouble finding bank accounts.

Depends which bit really. I think it’s entirely wrong they spoke to the bbc about it and people were right to resign for it. I don’t have an issue at all with them closing his account. Had they not offered him a NatWest one then I would have been in agreement with Farage.
Im playing devils advocate really here but …

If the reason was funds not meeting the minimum requirement then yes fine , thems the rules.

If it was for his political beliefs then no . bad.
Hes hardly oswald moselely is he. Just a bit of a knob.
Who decides whats good/bad?

I dunno. It just doeant sit easy with me, i know they offered him another account but the cancel culture is a dangerous road to go down in my opinion.

I admire your ability to dig in and defend hopeless positions I really do.

The launch of that party was attended by thirteen people.

She's shut down a charity that's only activity was handing money to other charities.

Why bother running a supposedly serious political party with no prospect of winning any seats and no future?

She doesn't exactly have niche or fringe views and she isn't a fool.

It's either ego, grift or both.

Im playing devils advocate really here but …

If the reason was funds not meeting the minimum requirement then yes fine , thems the rules.

If it was for his political beliefs then no . bad.
Hes hardly oswald moselely is he. Just a bit of a knob.
Who decides whats good/bad?

I dunno. It just doeant sit easy with me, i know they offered him another account but the cancel culture is a dangerous road to go down in my opinion.

If he still had the money, then I’d agree with you. Once he fell below that threshold, then I’ve not got an issue with Coutts then making a decision on whether they want him to continue as a customer or not, as long as an alternative offer is made so he’s still able to get banking services somewhere.

It’s the workings of private banks for elite individuals that have huge amounts of wealth though, I have little interest in any of it - the main bits of the story to me are Farage has essentially proved them right in terms of their risk profile of him given his reaction to all of it and it shows banking with someone like Coutts doesn’t mean people are getting competence - how they’ve handled it all since has been appalling and the resignations were absolutely the right things to do.

On your principle though. like I said earlier in the thread, normal banking that should be accessible to everyone, so had they not offered him a NatWest account then yes I’d completely agree.

If he still had the money, then I’d agree with you. Once he fell below that threshold, then I’ve not got an issue with Coutts then making a decision on whether they want him to continue as a customer or not, as long as an alternative offer is made so he’s still able to get banking services somewhere.

It’s the workings of private banks for elite individuals that have huge amounts of wealth though, I have little interest in any of it - the main bits of the story to me are Farage has essentially proved them right in terms of their risk profile of him given his reaction to all of it and it shows banking with someone like Coutts doesn’t mean people are getting competence - how they’ve handled it all since has been appalling and the resignations were absolutely the right things to do.

On your principle though. like I said earlier in the thread, normal banking that should be accessible to everyone, so had they not offered him a NatWest account then yes I’d completely agree.
A mucky murky thing thats happened with all concerned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.