Nigel Farage

The interview by susanna reid and ed balls was pathetic this morning.

Whether you hate the **** or not, if youve invited him on let him answer the queations rather than shouting over him.

In attempt to appear hard hitting, balls and reid only succeeded in appearing smug and amateurish

Reactions: PPT
He'll certainly think that he's embedded his view more strongly - as you say, those who believe him think he's right. Every repetition comes down to reinforcing the thought, and that's the goal.

I've not seen/heard of this Lord Carlisle (?) report, but the rebuttal must surely be "no, you do not have a right to demand to be told who has been arrested. The police have the person in custody, and will make a statement in due course and may be able to answer questions. MPs should consider how questions are phrased for potential effect, but you know that and did it anyway."

There's also a huge difference between considering after the event, whether more information would help to avoid the vacuum being filled with hateful conspiracies, and what Farage did.

He was actively participating in filling the vacuum with lies, and encouraging others to do the same.

Whether you hate the **** or not, if youve invited him on let him answer the queations rather than shouting over him.

In attempt to appear hard hitting, balls and reid only succeeded in appearing smug and amateurish
You must have been watching something different to me. What I saw was Farage trying to push a dishonest narrative based on a strawman argument using a Liberal peer’s comments out of context and the interviewers not letting him get away with it.

You must have been watching something different to me. What I saw was Farage trying to push a dishonest narrative based on a strawman argument using a Liberal peer’s comments out of context and the interviewers not letting him get away with it.
They literally asked a question then carried on talking

Ive no time for farage (ive no time for many politicians), but that was silly this morning.

There's also a huge difference between considering after the event, whether more information would help to avoid the vacuum being filled with hateful conspiracies, and what Farage did.

He was actively participating in filling the vacuum with lies, and encouraging others to do the same.

Absolutely. He was deliberately framing his words knowing what the reaction would be.

Carlile appears to have said (not really a report as far as I can see) that there was probably scope for the police to give out more information in this case - that is still a big step from "right to know".

I felt he was asked a question and then he answered the question he wanted to be asked so obviously you have to try and steer him back to the question you asked. He is too used to GBN where they just give him the opportunity of a monologue

I felt he was asked a question and then he answered the question he wanted to be asked so obviously you have to try and steer him back to the question you asked. He is too used to GBN where they just give him the opportunity of a monologue
It should be law that if a politician answers a different question to the one asked that their mics are muted instantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.