Nigel Farage

Yes, I get what you mean. I probably shouldn't have used the word 'blame,' I was really just trying to show how sometimes there are unintended consequences in politics and in the world in general.

For example, if there hadn't been a corona virus pandemic (the true origin of which we will never really be told) Donald Trump would probably have won a second term as POTUS. Not very appealing I know, but I bet Putin would have stayed out of Ukraine if Trump were President - partly because of the old M.A.D. thing.

So in effect, one can argue that all these energy concerns now, can be traced back to China - whether by happenstance or a chemical lab experiment gone wrong. Although I'm one of those people who believes in chaos theory - which this is a possible instance of.
It seems to me that, although the origin of the covid outbreak can be traced back to China, I can't see a link between that and energy shortages in Europe/UK.
In fact, when the virus was at its' height, travel was massively restricted. People were working from home and so on.
So during those times I would think that less energy was being used.
I fail to see how China can be blamed for the energy problems we are currently experiencing.

It seems to me that, although the origin of the covid outbreak can be traced back to China, I can't see a link between that and energy shortages in Europe/UK.
In fact, when the virus was at its' height, travel was massively restricted. People were working from home and so on.
So during those times I would think that less energy was being used.
I fail to see how China can be blamed for the energy problems we are currently experiencing.

Well to summarise: energy problems are mainly because of the war in Ukraine*. The war in Ukraine would never have begun if Donald Trump was in a second term as President of the USA. The fact he isn't can be laid at the door of the corona virus pandemic and the pandemic started in China (accidentally by humans or purely via nature - we will never know). So I am making a link between China and the energy crisis via extrapolating these disparate events.

*The west should never have become so dependent on Russia for its energy requirements and I accept that is another story. Similarly, we should not be getting China to build British nuclear power stations or indeed 90% of the hi-tech gadgets we use. I think there needs to be a general roll-back on the whole 'Globalisation' experiment.

Well to summarise: energy problems are mainly because of the war in Ukraine*. The war in Ukraine would never have begun if Donald Trump was in a second term as President of the USA. The fact he isn't can be laid at the door of the corona virus pandemic and the pandemic started in China (accidentally by humans or purely via nature - we will never know). So I am making a link between China and the energy crisis via extrapolating these disparate events.

*The west should never have become so dependent on Russia for its energy requirements and I accept that is another story. Similarly, we should not be getting China to build British nuclear power stations or indeed 90% of the hi-tech gadgets we use. I think there needs to be a general roll-back on the whole 'Globalisation' experiment.
Unfortunately the 'globalisation experiment' is too far advanced to be rolled back.
The main problem now, and it's only my opinion, is ideological. Communism vs capitalism and all points in between.
Will Putin, a desperate man, dare use his nuclear weapons?
Can we in the west destroy them in flight if they are launched?
Who really knows the answer.
All I know is, it's a good job we are still a part of NATO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.