Nightmare with Mancini

nijinskybell said:
Didn't take long for the character assassination to kick in... maybe the PR Department has been busy after all.

-- Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 am --

Bazzmand Show said:
This made for interesting reading this morning and gave further evidence to the fact, that Mancini's personality was really not consistent with what the club wanted.

So why the five year contract?

With an option at year 3 and a settlement of one years wages if released plus monthly payments after 12 months if Mancini is still out of work but nothing if in a job. This is whats being reported anyway on the t'internet!

TGR said:
Balti said:
FantasyIreland said:
Very similar to his pet Mario.

and those horrible pet trophies

Balti - the 'outers' have quickly & conveniently forgot about the trophies he delivered. They don't count.

inners or outers it's all academic now he's gone and we all have to move on. One could argue that anyone half decent would have won more than he did. Lets not forget the 2-0 up at half time in the Charity Shield against the rags and losing 3-2. Losing to Liverpool over two legs in that semi final with an absolutely woeful performance at home, there's two extra trophy's there without even breaking a sweat, and that doesn't include imploding to a young Villa side at home in the League Cup this season after having taken the lead in what was another truly woeful performance.

Most of articles in media have pretty much same line - Mancini was very hard to work with.

I think it's obvious it's coming from City PR department and it's very good job so far. It does not have a too dirty approach, it's soft one but it does protect club image in all these events in recent days.

I approve this holistic approach.

Could just be me, but someone else saying he was a sharp-tongued dictator with low personal skills doesn't really indicate anything wrong with the man.

How the fuck are you supposed to deal with a squad of 20+ superstars? Yes, he probably took it over the top quite often, but it sounds like his methods just didn't fit the club.

Maybe some will see it as a problem on a personal level, I think its just suited for certain managing environments. If I had my club spend 35 Million on a player, I'd reserve every fucking right to question why the player didn't make the proper pass.

People that worked with him better bite their fucking tongues, or should be labelled as cowards.

Dethred said:
Could just be me, but someone else saying he was a sharp-tongued dictator with low personal skills doesn't really indicate anything wrong with the man.

How the fuck are you supposed to deal with a squad of 20+ superstars? Yes, he probably took it over the top quite often, but it sounds like his methods just didn't fit the club.

Maybe some will see it as a problem on a personal level, I think its just suited for certain managing environments. If I had my club spend 35 Million on a player, I'd reserve every fucking right to question why the player didn't make the proper pass.

People that worked with him better bite their fucking tongues, or should be labelled as cowards.

Did someone hack your account yesterday?

MSP said:
Dethred said:

LOL, not that I know of. Why do you ask?

I'm pretty pissed at the amount of public bullshit that's going on. Fans moaning (FFS) about the club's actions, people at the club back stabbing Mancini. Its a damn mess. If you have criticisms of his management or tactics, I don't see a problem with a well reasoned argument.

If a backroom staffer waits until the man leaves and can't defend any accusations before sticking the knife in, they're cowards. If fans think having a go at the executives will be helpful, they're fools.

Maybe I'm just really pissed at the circumstances of his exit. We all know I thought his time was up, but the solution is to thank the man and continue to do so, get behind the club and support the new manager. Anything else is hurting the club and giving ammunition to our rivals and the press twats. I believe there is probably a sheik that has enough anger at the proceedings as any of us, let him discuss it in private with the board and whoever else.

MSP said:
Dethred said:

I prefer the alien abduction and replacement scenario. He's got a giant pod in the trunk of his auto.

Blue Heaven said:
MSP said:
Dethred said:

I prefer the alien abduction and replacement scenario. He's got a giant pod in the trunk of his auto.

Haha. I never really had any problems with his man management, probably because I'm AT LEAST as much of an asshole. Maybe a complaint here or there, but on the whole I had more of a problem with his tactics, season-long decline in form, lack of youth integration, and CL conundrum. You guys simply thought I didn't like him, and wanted him out no matter what, which was probably as far wrong as I can think possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.