Nightmare with Mancini

it is pretty funny that...

Genius ex Player, transitions to successful manager with trophies to back it up finds it difficult to be interested in mediocre middle management meeting discussing mediocre solutions instead of just doing what he's asked them to do...

I wonder why...

lt seems Roberto had a penchant for telling it like it is and if he had something to say he would get it said .

Unfortunately in an era of over sensitivity that approach upsets a lot of precious little souls and they can't take it even if its the truth .

Personally l like it , old school .

Anyway , that renegade tweeting dhobi-wallah will definitely be finding a horses head in his bed sometime soon l would imagine .

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Da Da Da.
Our chief weapon is an holistic approach...failure to back the manager in public and..
Our *two* weapons are failure to back the manager in public, an holistic approach and ruthless inaction till the end of the season...
Our *three* weapons are failure to back the manager in public, an holistic approach and ruthless inaction till the end of the season and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pep....
Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... are such elements as failure to back the manager in public, an holistic approach, ruthless inaction till the end of the season... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pep...
I'll come in again.
Da Da Da
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

If you don't think MAncini has a huge ego then you have a head full of magic.

Watch the Sky coverage of the famous QPR game. What does Souness say when asked what he was like when he played with him? First words out of his mouth: "You couldn't tell him anything. Nothing. He was only seventeen but whatever it was, he knew better than you".

It's one of his strengths when he's having to force change through, but it's been his undoing in the longer term.[/quote]

My first thoughts on hearing the stories breaking over the weekend went back to Souness' Comments as well.

His greatest strengths have been his single mindedness and his determination, but to achieve those fully meant that their was no room left for compromise.

His greatest strength that enabled him to take on Chelsea,Arsenal and Taggert full on and largely come out the winner was always going to be his downfall.

It wouldn't suprise me if the last thing he thought about before going to sleep last night was some old Italian International Match where he had been left on the Bench and Zola or Baggio had been picked in his place.

None of us are forgetting though that its us the fans who saw the benefits of this in the Trophies and joy he gave us.

Didsbury Dave said:
Haha. After all those fawning pieces, Stuart Brennan knew what was going on behind the scenes, too.

I've no doubt that journos know loads that they do not tell us, until the moment is right. Got to know which side your bread is buttered.

BobKowalski said:
As a Mancini fan I enjoyed the article but then I've always found Mancini to be a fascinating character. Mancini's level of self belief is just off the chart which is why he could cope with all the shit (externally and internally) early on and is a large reason why we are sitting where we are today with trophies in the cabinet and nailed on CL qualification spot.

Mancini is the guy you call when you are deep in the shit and need someone who will quite literally fight everyone and anyone to get you back on track. That is what Mancini brings. But he is not the guy to keep you on track when a more measured approach is called for. Mancini needs the 'fight' and eventually he will pick the wrong fight with the wrong people.

Herbert's piece just outlines (and outlines very well) the essential character of the man but its a character that was hardly a secret.

Would have to agree with all that.

I've said before that emotionally I was a Mancini Inner but my head told me that it was time for him to move on. I think too many people have underestimated the negative impact of Mancini's interpersonal skills on his (former) squad.

''before the arrival last August of Ferran Soriano as City’s chief executive; an individual who is something of a management theory anorak, has written a book on the subject and who happens to have a bit of a bee in his bonnet about executives keeping stuff behind closed doors''

looks like he'd better getting sacking again then given the way this saga developed

he can sack himself as well while he's at it

freewheelinfranklin said:
it is pretty funny that...

Genius ex Player, transitions to successful manager with trophies to back it up finds it difficult to be interested in mediocre middle management meeting discussing mediocre solutions instead of just doing what he's asked them to do...

I wonder why...

Bobby comes from the old school of football management, he doesn't have time for trajectories, holistic approaches and cuddling middle management, and listening to ex-salesmen dictating player strategy. He is just single minded in delivering trophies which is did and he did at every other club he's been with. As for his abrasive approach and European failings, he will gain experience and learn from mistakes one day he'll become a force to be reckoned with in Europe.

GaudinoMotors said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Bigga said:
7 slagged his players in public
8 blamed everyone except himself for defeats
9 said players should ignore anything in the press then complains himself
10 kept playing 3 at the back when it obviously didnt work

Brilliant!!

Highly ridiculous situation.

1Yeah a real slagging - saying a player could or should do better
2 Did blame himself on numerous occaisions
3 it's not the players Job to handle the press it's the managers
4 there were occaisions when it did work - but we'll gloss over those - and anyway no manager gets it right all the time - if you expect that we'll be changing managers as often as er er Man City!

Your precious baby has been sacked, so get over it. If you cannot do that, then please remember that there is no requirement that you remain a City supporter.

Mancini is a winner. he always has been and he always will be. A lot of people who are not winners and by definition can't win don't like that.

Love the man or hate the man he has been treated disgracefully by Manchester City Football club.

He's not the first by a long stretch and he won't be the last if the events of last week are anything to go by.

Mancini delivered us trophies. Mancini delivered us the Premiership title. Mancini hastened the departure of another control freak at the Swamp and knocked him off his perch for a while - because he is a winner.

Can we at least show some decency and respect to a man who's only fault was wanting to win to much - or is that not possible within our club these days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.