Nike Sponsorship

razman

Bshg1lQIIAAECg7.png

Its been discussed before , but i saw this graphic now

With nike only having us and barca as their major team.. I hope another great season by us can put us in a position to renegotiate the deal.

They have Juve too, the biggest club in Italy.

KippaxCitizen said:
They have Juve too, the biggest club in Italy.

Not for long tho.
From 15-16 season Juve is with Adidas.
(Some reports say it will be about 20m/year 6 year deal from 2015.)

Are Nike a waning company?

With the growth of the likes of Under Armour and Warrior, adidas taking control of the US sports market (NBA contract with franchises, MLS contract with all clubs), Arsenal United and later Juve all leaving them...

Should this be part of the agenda thread.

Not really. We need to sell more shirts and progress further in the CL.

The cookie monster said:
Why would they renegotiate with 4/5 years left on the deal?
They slapped our arse good and proper

What a dumb comment, They haven't 'slapped our arses good and proper' because at the start of last year, £12 million was right around the going rate for kit deals, It's not their fault nor ours that United and Arsenal have decided to auction off their kit sponsors due to their lack of success on the pitch. People have to understand this, Despite us having a good deal of success on the pitch, We are still in the relegation zone when it comes to marketing, Worldwide and in England, If anything we have just entered the elite when it comes to marketing. In 2 years time, I guarantee you our kit deal will be £35/40 million a year, What United and Arsenal will try and do is make sure theirs is worth even more.

If the above seems like mumbo jumbo, Then i'll break it down in simple English, Who is the most supported in England right now? United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea with a dollop of City fans, I went to London a few weeks back and i started seeing the odd gloryhunter with our shirts on, Just wait a year or two hopefully with a CL or another Premier League title under our belt we will start attracting more gloryhunters from London, Kent and Ireland, Once you start attracting the gloryhunters then you can start getting the big kit deals and gain more media coverage etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.