Nike Sponsorship

Tim of the Oak said:
Should this be part of the agenda thread.

Not really. We need to sell more shirts and progress further in the CL.

CL is key

jrb said:
Real Madrid will be spitting feathers.

Current CL winners.

Outdone by 7th place team that Nike rejected?? Adidas are no mugs. The contract will have great big stipulations that CL must be guaranteed each season. They will be sweating at OT if Butthead cannot get them into top 4. It'll be tight. I still expect us, Chelsea, Arsenal to be top 3. 4th will be will be either Rags, Liverpool or Everton.

razman said:
Bshg1lQIIAAECg7.png

Its been discussed before , but i saw this graphic now

With nike only having us and barca as their major team.. I hope another great season by us can put us in a position to renegotiate the deal.

Scum scum scum cipunts

I'll say my piece and fuck off.

The other teams on that list (some more than others) have an established fan base in various parts of the world. The other clubs have an historical record of shirt sales, etc. which they can use as ammo in negotiations. I'm not saying City don't have a shit deal, but it aint that long since we were shit with my limited fan base. We then started to climb - then stall under Pearce - and climb some more so we got the interest of Umbro who are owned by Nike.

*Fucks off*

I guess it is true that, despite how popular we may or may not be worldwide, the numbers have shown that we still push considerably fewer shirts than most major European teams. If you remember that the size of the deals are a reflection of how much money we make for them, you can see why we lag behind a bit.

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
The cookie monster said:
Why would they renegotiate with 4/5 years left on the deal?
They slapped our arse good and proper

What a dumb comment, They haven't 'slapped our arses good and proper' because at the start of last year, £12 million was right around the going rate for kit deals, It's not their fault nor ours that United and Arsenal have decided to auction off their kit sponsors due to their lack of success on the pitch. People have to understand this, Despite us having a good deal of success on the pitch, We are still in the relegation zone when it comes to marketing, Worldwide and in England, If anything we have just entered the elite when it comes to marketing. In 2 years time, I guarantee you our kit deal will be £35/40 million a year, What United and Arsenal will try and do is make sure theirs is worth even more.

If the above seems like mumbo jumbo, Then i'll break it down in simple English, Who is the most supported in England right now? United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea with a dollop of City fans, I went to London a few weeks back and i started seeing the odd gloryhunter with our shirts on, Just wait a year or two hopefully with a CL or another Premier League title under our belt we will start attracting more gloryhunters from London, Kent and Ireland, Once you start attracting the gloryhunters then you can start getting the big kit deals and gain more media coverage etc etc.
Oooooooh get you Mr.

You're absolutely right.

We do tend to have sky blue coloured specs on, but the reality is, our fanbase is small. It's growing, but both Liverpool and United have complete generations of fans all over the world. Like it or lump it, Liverpool were kings of Europe for fair while, and United garnered massive support after Munich, and managed to hold on to much of until Fergie arrived. They then gained a whole new generation of fans.

Chelsea are probably the ones we aspire to match. Sounds awful when written that way, but it's the truth. We are a good decade behind them. We're doing brilliant from where we started, but there's a long long way to go.

We have to start doing quite well in CL and winning leagues as often as we can. Marquee players are a must for us too, I wish they weren't but they are.

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
The cookie monster said:
Why would they renegotiate with 4/5 years left on the deal?
They slapped our arse good and proper

What a dumb comment, They haven't 'slapped our arses good and proper' because at the start of last year, £12 million was right around the going rate for kit deals, It's not their fault nor ours that United and Arsenal have decided to auction off their kit sponsors due to their lack of success on the pitch. People have to understand this, Despite us having a good deal of success on the pitch, We are still in the relegation zone when it comes to marketing, Worldwide and in England, If anything we have just entered the elite when it comes to marketing. In 2 years time, I guarantee you our kit deal will be £35/40 million a year, What United and Arsenal will try and do is make sure theirs is worth even more.

If the above seems like mumbo jumbo, Then i'll break it down in simple English, Who is the most supported in England right now? United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea with a dollop of City fans, I went to London a few weeks back and i started seeing the odd gloryhunter with our shirts on, Just wait a year or two hopefully with a CL or another Premier League title under our belt we will start attracting more gloryhunters from London, Kent and Ireland, Once you start attracting the gloryhunters then you can start getting the big kit deals and gain more media coverage etc etc.

Actually, even at the time we signed the Nike deal it was for considerably less than several top clubs, even though we doubled our money in the deal. You can see some of the numbers from a season before we even started with Nike (but after the deal had been announced) here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/10/08/real-madrid-and-barca-earn-most-from-kit-deals-united-and-liverpool-closing-in-081002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... in-081002/</a>

FanchesterCity said:
You're absolutely right.

We do tend to have sky blue coloured specs on, but the reality is, our fanbase is small. It's growing, but both Liverpool and United have complete generations of fans all over the world. Like it or lump it, Liverpool were kings of Europe for fair while, and United garnered massive support after Munich, and managed to hold on to much of until Fergie arrived. They then gained a whole new generation of fans.

Chelsea are probably the ones we aspire to match. Sounds awful when written that way, but it's the truth. We are a good decade behind them. We're doing brilliant from where we started, but there's a long long way to go.

We have to start doing quite well in CL and winning leagues as often as we can. Marquee players are a must for us too, I wish they weren't but they are.

there is no denying this fact... its to be seen , how long would it take for us to be in a position to renegotiate this deal with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.