No buses to Etihad tonight

Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the Etihad. And God said “let there be buses”, and there were buses.

Double decker bus so nearer £200, should be able to make 5 journeys in couple of hours before game so not bad money (£1,000) in a relatively short period of time.
They do 2 maybe 3 trips before, and one after the game. 96 on a bus including standing I think it is.

Ludicrous isn’t it. I hope people didn’t get stuck on Mancunian way and Regents Road with the problems there. Absolute nightmare with one lane closed due to resurfacing.
So some are moaning because the roads haven’t been resurfaced and others are moaning because they are being resurfaced? The City Council can’t win on that issue?

I walked back from the ground last Wednesday and I will be walking back tonight.

So some are moaning because the roads haven’t been resurfaced and others are moaning because they are being resurfaced? The City Council can’t win on that issue?

I walked back from the ground last Wednesday and I will be walking back tonight.

Errm when did the season start and how long were fans barred and how long were the roads virtually empty?

Errm when did the season start and how long were fans barred and how long were the roads virtually empty?
So the City Council has to schedule its whole road resurfacing programme around when football matches are on and when they are open for supporters?

If only the City Council had enough cash to undertake all its road projects during the lockdown? It doesn’t work out like that.

In a previous life, I was involved in the maintenance and resurfacing of highways as a Councillor and Committee Chair/Deputy in a large West Midlands Metropolitan Council. I can assure you that once or twice every two weeks football matches will not be a major issue in the scheduling of road maintenance and reconstruction. These will be driven by budgetary considerations and largely as dictated by Central Government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.