No cheating - name these Maine Road legends

Legend for 99% those players is pushing it.
White possibly on sheer number of appearances and goals.
Brightwell, at a very long stretch.
The rest (Lake included), nope. Too few appearances and between them won the square root of fuck all.

Legend for 99% those players is pushing it.
White possibly on sheer number of appearances and goals.
Brightwell, at a very long stretch.
The rest (Lake included), nope. Too few appearances and between them won the square root of fuck all.
Trevor's goal at Bradford gave us last gasp promotion. One of highlights of my childhood that was... Wembley 99 gets hype cos of being one tier lower, but getting up in 89 meant the world. (We wouldn't have had the 5-1 without it for one thing!!!)
Or do legends have to only win premier leagues or come from abroad??!! (that's not aimed at you btw - just at modern fans)

There used to be the cult heroes phrase. If it's your era as a young fan, you carry the players with you as you age and keep them as legends in your mind.

Last edited:
Trevor's goal at Bradford gave us last gasp promotion. One of highlights of my childhood that was... Wembley 99 gets hype cos of being one tier lower, but getting up in 89 meant the world. (We wouldn't have had the 5-1 without it for one thing!!!)
Or do legends have to only win premier leagues or come from abroad??!! (that's not aimed at you btw - just at modern fans)

There used to be the cult heroes phrase. If it's your era as a young fan, you carry the players with you as you age and keep them as legends in your mind.
Correct.
My own legend is Paul Lake. Sweated blood for our club in the short time he was with us. Played in every single outfield position for us at a time when we had no money. Played with class,skill,and a cool head.
Paul Lake may never have won top honours for us, but he will always be a legend in my eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.