'No History...'

i said to a rag yesterday "you wouldnt think yoonited went 37 years without winning any thing" to which he replied "thats in the past" so i told him that last season was "IN THE PAST" so that title they just won doesnt mean fuck all either all he could do then was stutter 1-0 sy ha ha.

history is history and should be left there...today and tommorrow is whats important.

As mentioned elsewhere these comments stem from people who think that football began 20 years ago. Sky really push this notion by referring to historical records as The Premier League rather than the top flight. The coincidence of the Champions league exacerbates the problem.

United Aresenal and Chelsea were just fortunate in that they had good spells just as all this happened which concentrated all the power and money in the top clubs, which created this self-licking ice cream. Had it happened in a different era (70's) we may have seen domination from Leeds, Derby, City or Forest. Or Wolves and United in the 50's

Kaka was playing for Milan when he made his (alleged) comments but his ignorance is borne out of Italian football always being dominated by a few clubs. He'd probably accuse Torino of having no history.

But change might be on its way. The world dominance of EPL may be waning a little with the resurgence of Real Madrid, and one could make an argument that all 4 of the big 4 could be weaker next season -

United - lost Ronaldo and Tevez, Ferdinand injury prone, Scholes Giggs and Neville past it,
Liverpool - may lose both Alonso and Mascherano
Chelsea - will lose Carvalho and Deco, possibly Terry, others getting on a bit.
Arsenal - appear generally to be heading in the wrong direction

As soon as City break the mould it could be the slippery slope for one or two of these. And in 20 years time the history will start to look a bit different - or actually, the same as it ever was.

Makes me laugh when Sky do the head to head figures during a game and only count the bouts in the Premier League. "these have met 15 times at Old Trafford..." when really it's 115.

I do find it funny when Spurs fans chant 'no history' at us. Thuis is the club who have only won teh league teh same amount of times as ourselves, and they haven't won the CL / European Cup. It appears that 'history' to Spurs fans means "we won more minor trophies than you".

I had it off a chelsea fan at the game after wed signed robinho,he sang "youve got no history"

He was suprised when i told him that pre abramovich wed won the league and the fa cup more times than they had.

Just dont take the bait chaps :-)

Billy Meredith who went on to help with the creation of the PFA
Record attendance in England outside of wembley
First club in Manchester to win a major honour
Founder member of the of the second division when the league was extended.
The only club to have a reigning monarch attend a match.
As far as Honours are concerned, before the ninety nineties our success was very close to that of the rags and much better than chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.