No History ?

1st club to have member of royalty to be present at a match, george v, 1919 against rags, 1st cup final where numbers worn on shirts, 1st cup final royalty attended wembley 1934, the list is endless, so to all other fans learn history of own club before trying to slag us off.

happy said:
No history? I've been supporting City for nearly 50 years and in that time I've seen us win league titles and cups at home and in Europe, what the fuck else could we have won? Have United, Liverpool or Spurs won some fucking inter-galactic tournament that I don't know about? Have Arsenal won the Eurovision Song Contest, did Villa assist in the relief of Mafeking, or Everton help to put down the Boxer rebellion?

And while we’re on the subject of history, tell Liverpool fans to put all their titles in a nice big box, take it to the bank on Tuesday morning and see how many players they can buy with it.

By the logic of some rival supporters we should all be following the Royal Mechanics or Corinthians, maybe even Sheffield Hallam or Notts fucking County.

Anyway fuck the jealous bastards, every one of them would swap all their yesterdays for half of our tomorrows.

poetic!!

City..........founded 1880
Liverpool....founded 1892
Spurs........founded 1882
Chelsea.....founded 1905
Arsenal......founded 1886

No History................my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluemanc said:
manclad said:
I think that this photo was a publicity stunt of some kind.By the time we won the F.A. Cup in May 1969,the 1st Division had been won by Leeds United for that season.
The only teams to win the "Double" of F.A. Cup and 1st Division title in the same season around that time were Tottenham Hotspur in 1961 and then Arsenal in 1971.
Check the history books if you don't believe me.
Sorry but you are wrong & i truly do mean i'm sorry.
We held all 3 Trophy's by right at the same time
That picture though you need it to be fake is factual,by all means dissmiss it & pretend it is as you want to be just a fake but it isn't a fake it is a part of our History & i was proud to be part of it. Like it or not we had a fuckin awesome team which but for the shocking sacking of Joe Mercer would have been even more successful.

Sorry mate but I'm sure we didn't hold all 3 trophies at once! We won the league in 1968, the Charity Shield in 1968 - but then Leeds win the league in 1969!! - and we won the FA Cup in 1969!

But we were league Champions in 1937, had home crowds of up to 80,000 for many of them games, and as we were held as the best club in Europe at the time we were invited to play the German national side in Germany by the Nazis (don't think anyone knew what they were gonna turn out like 2 years later!!)! Nothing like that ever happened before or after that for any club!

danburge82 said:
bluemanc said:
Sorry but you are wrong & i truly do mean i'm sorry.
We held all 3 Trophy's by right at the same time
That picture though you need it to be fake is factual,by all means dissmiss it & pretend it is as you want to be just a fake but it isn't a fake it is a part of our History & i was proud to be part of it. Like it or not we had a fuckin awesome team which but for the shocking sacking of Joe Mercer would have been even more successful.

Sorry mate but I'm sure we didn't hold all 3 trophies at once! We won the league in 1968, the Charity Shield in 1968 - but then Leeds win the league in 1969!! - and we won the FA Cup in 1969!

But we were league Champions in 1937, had home crowds of up to 80,000 for many of them games, and as we were held as the best club in Europe at the time we were invited to play the German national side in Germany by the Nazis (don't think anyone knew what they were gonna turn out like 2 years later!!)! Nothing like that ever happened before or after that for any club!
No need to be sorry mate, i understand the desperation of some City fans to have been a club that failed since the start of time.
You are wrong we did hold those 3 at the same time you & the rest are just to lazy to do a bit of research,we have done this on here before & it's a nailed on 100%fact.

danburge82 said:

Sorry, but we technically did hold all three at once - though only for a little over 48 hours.

We'd won the League in May 1968 and the Charity Shield in August 1968. We then won the FA Cup, beating Leicester in the final on 26 April 1969. Leeds didn't clinch the 1968/9 Division One Championship until the following Monday evening, 28 April 1969, when they drew 0-0 at Liverpool. Red Scouse went into that game as only other side who by that point could win the league, but needed to win that match to maintain their hopes of doing so.

So we WERE reigning champions, and holders of the Charity Shield, when we won the Cup.

None of which alters the fact that anyone who argues that we have no history is a clueless c**t. And that phrase is wholly indicative of the level of respect that they, and their argument, deserve.

no history ??? where did the rags have their record attendance ? . who did matt busby play for ? city are the only cup winning team not to have the man of the match award, not one to brag about but its part of our history, record att v stoke, when england played wales in 1971 city had every forward playing lee bell summerbee marsh and wyn davies, 1st gay friendly club in 2006, we won a euro trophy 3 years before liverpool, no history????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.