No History ?

Gelsons Dad said:
bluemanc said:
Of course it was funny, very funny infact a thread about our History turns into a pisstake of our former manager which is something only "the typical City fan" would do.no other thread on any other clubs forum about the clubs History would be polluted by a comment like that..........free speech though.

Wow! I think you may need to get over yourself mate. A thread about self justification after a few comments from other teams fans smacks of a deep lying insecurity that I personally don't suffer from.

The term no history itself is meaningless when directed at a club that was founded in 1880. What the term is suppose to convey is a lack of success. In the medium term there is some justification as it has been a while since we won anything.

If that truth hurts you then I'm sorry. The reality of our club is we have a long and interesting history with some short periods of success. What is more interesting is the near and medium term future which is and will be like nothing this club or it's supporters have ever known.

If we want to enjoy the fruits of our present circumstance most sweetly then we should accept the past for the reality it was and not try to change it. We should most importantly try to show a little humility. Try to imagine being a Pompey fan right now. I'magine if we were broke and some other club just had zillions thown at them.

The abuse we get these days from other clubs is in part due to the crass behaviour of many of our fans who delight in waving our money in other fans faces despite not having won anything with it yet or without it for some time.

A little humour goes a long way. You should try it from time to time.
Superb effort,the humility bit by you had me in fuckin tears.
You should start a thread sometime.<br /><br />-- Sat May 29, 2010 10:02 pm --<br /><br />
manclad said:
bluemanc said:
Sorry but you are wrong & i truly do mean i'm sorry.
We held all 3 Trophy's by right at the same time
That picture though you need it to be fake is factual,by all means dissmiss it & pretend it is as you want to be just a fake but it isn't a fake it is a part of our History & i was proud to be part of it. Like it or not we had a fuckin awesome team which but for the shocking sacking of Joe Mercer would have been even more successful.

Bluemanc,
The only season that we held 2 trophies was 1969-70 and the 2 trophies were the League Cup and the European Cup Winners Cup --- and they are not the trophies that are on display in your photo.
As you said the photo is not a fake,it is a genuine valid photo,but the fact remains (as shown in all history/football stats books) that we did not win those 2 trophies in the same season.
Any City fan on this forum will confirm that what I have stated is fact.
I can't say sorry any more times than i already have or apologise enough for you having to view the picture i posted.
You have to understand the picture is FACT & move on,seriously.

I started following City in 1977 I haven't seen us win a thing and due to fate I have never even seen as go up(I have however seen us go down 4 times!), but I wouldn't swap it for the world .

samharris said:
1. First team in the prem to score 5 goals away in first half..
2. fastest 3 goals scored in prem history all in first 6 min's.
3.Biggest away win in prem history
4. Highest Fa cup attendance at maine rd v stoke 85,000

Right thats my bit.. :) no History....yeah right.

Biggest away win: 1–8, Nottingham Forest v. Manchester United (6 February 1999)

(f*cking filthy rags)

I'm pretty sure we broke the British transfer record on several occasions before the Sheikh arrived.

Admittedly one of them was Steve Daly! Proves though that we are not as nouveux riche as some folk like to think.

Also Bury won the FA Cup (twice) before us, United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. Does that make them a big club?

Haha every time I come here this place looks more like Chelsea forums circa 2003. Whats funny is City fans used to give us the same abuse.

On a serious note though, its just the last thing liverpool and arse fans have to hang on to. Liverpool haven't won anything significant in 20 years despite outspending everyone in the Premiership except Chelsea recently. Its just hilarious and more about their insecurity than your lack of history.

sky tot said:
Keep hearing this from rival jealous fans .
But i dont understand what they are on about.
Over 100yrs old
2 league championships
4 fa cups(4 losing finalists)
2 league cups(1 losing finalist)
1 euro cup winners cup
loads of minor leagues
record attendance
loyal fans

feel free to add some more.
Quoting loyal fans makes us indeed look like we have no history. Every club from the top to the very very bottom have loyal fans.

-- Sun May 30, 2010 3:54 am --

black mamba said:
If ANY club has a history , then it's City .......

more oddities and unusual things have happened to this club than any other ...... we are the ONLY football club founded by a woman for a start ........... and Maine Road had more character than most other , if not all other , english football grounds too.

Rival fans talk bollux ...... that's why they ARE only rival fans , and not City fans!
Medication time lad.

-- Sun May 30, 2010 3:56 am --

Dannyctid said:
Even the smallest club has "history". We have won more than most over the years but not as much as the few that all the glory seekers support. It's easy to support scum or dippers even supporting City is easier than say Grimsby or Plymouth but those teams have history. They are hardcore fans who should get respect. We've had our dark days and should enjoy the light more because of it. If you're greatest moment as a club is winnig the conference play off then that's "history".
Anyone who says we have no history should be slapped down as they obviously don't understand football doesn't revolve around 4 teams at the top of the prem.
Best read so far.

-- Sun May 30, 2010 3:58 am --

samharris said:
1. First team in the prem to score 5 goals away in first half..
2. fastest 3 goals scored in prem history all in first 6 min's.
3.Biggest away win in prem history
4. Highest Fa cup attendance at maine rd v stoke 85,000

Right thats my bit.. :) no History....yeah right.
First 3 = embarrassing last 1 = history

-- Sun May 30, 2010 4:04 am --

bluemanc said:
Sky Blue said:
Leeds did that in 1968. League Cup and Fairs Cup...
The fairs cup wasn't open to all Euro country's,niether was the Newc one.
2dt0tgi.jpg

First ever Treble by an English club.
Tbf the Inter City Fairs Cup only invited one club from a city. It was a poor mans UEFA CUP. You didn't have to win anything to compete.<br /><br />-- Sun May 30, 2010 4:09 am --<br /><br />
MCC said:
The people who say we have no history know fuck all about football. Our first trophy was in 1899!!
I was there lad. Was well pissed but was still up at 3 next morning for my 25 hour shift in mill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.