No Manchester C o A on the FA Cup final shirt

Steviesleftpeg said:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mcfccofa/petition.html

We are different kind of club to others. This is our chance to prove it.

Please sign

Spot on mate, the club are usually great for listening to the fans and paying attention to the suggestions that are made on bluemoon etc. Lets hope they pay attention to this one. It would be another sign that as well as being concerned with making City a force in modern day football, we are committed as ever to acknowledging our history. Make this a sticky please mods.

All you need is Jo... said:
As long as the players on the pitch wear it then i am happy. I agree with sticking with tradition but as previously mentioned the cost of printing that many different shirts with the old crest on would be a lot and the players wearing it would still uphold the tradition of the club.

See my post on previous page - I don't think anyone actually knows if the team will be wearing it and Kitbag have just churned out some quick 'specials' to satisfy immediate demand for the people that really want something now.

Nobody from the club or Kitbag, as far I can see, has said that there won't be one with the CoM crest on either. Someones seen the current shirt with the embroidery and patches and assumed that's it.

daveduke67 said:
As long as the players on the pitch wear it then i am happy. I agree with sticking with tradition but as previously mentioned the cost of printing that many different shirts with the old crest on would be a lot and the players wearing it would still uphold the tradition of the club.

See my post on previous page - I don't think anyone actually knows if the team will be wearing it and Kitbag have just churned out some quick 'specials' to satisfy immediate demand for the people that really want something now.

Nobody from the club or Kitbag, as far I can see, has said that there won't be one with the CoM crest on either. Someones seen the current shirt with the embroidery and patches and assumed that's it.

Yeah exactly it doesn't bother me if i can buy a shirt with the CoM crest on just aslong as the players on the pitch are wearing it. Besides would take far to many explanations to united fans about what the crest is and why we get to wear it and they don't...wouldn't want to confuse them.

daveduke67 said:

Yeah exactly it doesn't bother me if i can buy a shirt with the CoM crest on just aslong as the players on the pitch are wearing it. Besides would take far to many explanations to united fans about what the crest is and why we get to wear it and they don't...wouldn't want to confuse them.

I'm the same mate, this isn't about demanding thousands of special shirts be made for supporters with the Manchester Coat of Arms on it (though it would be nice!) it's just wanting the players to wear that kit to honour a club tradition.

Sorry being lazy and only read the first few pages. I fully agree that the Manchester coat of arms should be on the shirt.

However in these times when money is more important than anything else it was always going to be the current club badge.

Our current badge like it or not is now a logo - a brand image that our owners will want seen around the world - And the FA cup final is one of the biggest televised games, as fans we don't agree with it but from a marketing point of view they are putting our club logo into thousands of front rooms across the world.

I might just get the tonal shirt and get a lady in my works to embroider the Manchester crest in the middle.

images.kitbag.com_mcfc-85221.jpg

My friend e-mailed the club about this earlier in the week, and got the reply below on Wednesday. It seems no decision has been made yet, but I am sure if the club were aware of the strength of feeling behind this it could alter their decision.

He wrote to mcfc@mcfc.co.uk and addressed it FAO The Marketing Department. The reply he got is below:

"Thank you for your email. The issue of using the coat of arms in the City shirt design for the FA Cup Final is being discussed at the moment. We are aware of the interest in this. If and when there is anything concrete we can share with supporters then this will be communicated via mcfc.co.uk.

Regards

Ian Howard"

80s Shorts said:
gingerthai said:
He wants the Manchester Coat of Arms on the top like this:
1977-CoM-badge.jpg

No he doesnt, he wants to slag the club off as has been his want of late.

Yeah, cos Fbloke's got nothing better to do, having just lost his father.

It's known on this site, however, you choose to see and believe only what you want to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.