No Manchester C o A on the FA Cup final shirt

Roger Ringpiece said:
People say it will sell thousands with the coat of arms on it-prove it, don't just say it-10 to 20 people on here saying it doesn't represent the opinion of the majority.

Looking at people on all the message boards and clubs facebook page, we have fans across the UK, Europe and beyond-these are the people the players will be representing, not just the people of Manchester. Move on, it's a badge not the end of the world.

They are representing the club which is from Manchester. We have fans from across europe as you say but the fact remains we are a Manchester club and it would have been nice to have the coat of arms.

Our current badge isn't really "Manchester City" though...

We'll put 3 stars on there, which are universally recognised as World Cup wining markings - but we'll do it 'just for decoration'.

I can't the issue with continuing tradition, as SWP's Back said "i wouldn't lose sleep over it, but it is a dissapointing decision; commerciality shouldn't come into a heritage decision.

Another final nail in the coffin of the "we'll keep the grass roots connections of this club, build on them and respect the history" - as Cook said right from the beginning.

We had the stars long before they went on shirts of world cup winning nations.
GStar said:

We'll put 3 stars on there, which are universally recognised as World Cup wining markings - but we'll do it 'just for decoration'.

I can't the issue with continuing tradition, as SWP's Back said "i wouldn't lose sleep over it, but it is a dissapointing decision; commerciality shouldn't come into a heritage decision.

Another final nail in the coffin of the "we'll keep the grass roots connections of this club, build on them and respect the history" - as Cook said right from the beginning.

Has anybody tried contacting the club for an explanation. I thought Cook had said to numerous people (including ricster I think) that they would try put the CoA on any cup final shirt.

Roger Ringpiece said:
GStar said:

We havent:

Brazil added three stars above their crest after winning their third World Cup in 1970. Italy did likewise in 1982. All world champions have since followed suit. Uruguay display four stars, regarding their triumphs in the 1924 and 1928 Olympics as equivalent to their later World Cup wins, as there was no World Cup at the time. In 2004, Denmark wore a star on their shirts specially for Euro 2004, to commemorate their victory in the competition in 1992. In the equipment regulations for FIFA competitions, section 18.2 states "Those Member Associations that have won the FIFA World Cup™ may put a symbol on the playing shirt representing this accomplishment and the number of times won."[6] The form of symbol is not specified, although the accompanying illustrative example depicts a gold star.

GStar said:

Not sure that your 3rd line reads correctly (or atleast I can't fathom it).

I stand corrected!
gingerthai said:
Roger Ringpiece said:

We havent:

Brazil added three stars above their crest after winning their third World Cup in 1970. Italy did likewise in 1982. All world champions have since followed suit. Uruguay display four stars, regarding their triumphs in the 1924 and 1928 Olympics as equivalent to their later World Cup wins, as there was no World Cup at the time. In 2004, Denmark wore a star on their shirts specially for Euro 2004, to commemorate their victory in the competition in 1992. In the equipment regulations for FIFA competitions, section 18.2 states "Those Member Associations that have won the FIFA World Cup™ may put a symbol on the playing shirt representing this accomplishment and the number of times won."[6] The form of symbol is not specified, although the accompanying illustrative example depicts a gold star.

disappointed :o/ im trying to remember a quote attributed to tony wilson about 'a mancunian's excess of civic pride'. failing. but anyway, thats where i am with it. i love the tradition and heritage of this wonderful city as much as the tradition and heritage of its football team. i had hoped to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.