No Manchester C o A on the FA Cup final shirt

Doesnt bother me either way about the petition itself, as long as it is accurate and relevant-by doing it on a cheap website where no verification of signatories is needed it is wide open for abouse as has been shown in this particular instance. Whatever badge they wear will not make the slightest bit of difference to the result, I know my preference and others know theirs, however basing it on 'tradition' and the fact 'thousands will buy it' (which cannot be backed up with proof) is hardly cause to pulp the shirts that have already been produced for sale.
oldestswinger said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
No thanks, I want Citys badge on the shirt not the councils.

So that's the problem then - we're doing something that you don't approve of and you're using the fact that the overall number is flawed to hide behind. Now I understand :) For one moment I thought you cared that the petition was inaccurate - now I know that you don't want any petition to be made to the club - full stop!

Roger Ringpiece said:
318. Berty city divs

299. Bertrand Magoo 35 MASSIVE YEARS

278. Bertie Magoo city are a massive club, bell was better than best, widest pitch, tallest floodlights billionaires and still 35 years without a f'ucking trophy.

376. Berty Magoo COZ CITY ARE A MASSIVE CLUB.......35 YEARS

411. Lord Alex Ferguson HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 35 F*CKING YEARS YOU BITTER DIVS
Irony: it doesn't get any better.

Skashion said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
318. Berty city divs

299. Bertrand Magoo 35 MASSIVE YEARS

278. Bertie Magoo city are a massive club, bell was better than best, widest pitch, tallest floodlights billionaires and still 35 years without a f'ucking trophy.

376. Berty Magoo COZ CITY ARE A MASSIVE CLUB.......35 YEARS

411. Lord Alex Ferguson HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 35 F*CKING YEARS YOU BITTER DIVS
Irony: it doesn't get any better.
Obviously didn´t give a shit did they coz it was only "likkle Ciddy" ? ;)
Makes me want the COA more now knowing it would wind the coonts up even more the fookin neanderthals

Yeah, in our biggest game for 30 years, when were trying to get the brand recognised, on one of the most world wide televised game........let's change the badge and confuse the hell out of peiple!

Why????? Because that's how we've always done it!

A nice idea but it makes perfect sence to stick with our badge to me.

We're trying to get the brand recognised???

Erm, no we're not, we're trying to win our first trophy in 35 years and stick with a long held tradition that when we play in a Wembley final we wear the Manchester Coat of Arms.

I think its a great idea.

Coat of arms was on the shirts of the last two Wembley cup finals we played in, FA Cup and Full Members Cup-both losing finals, does that make losing in finals a tradition?

Had the normal badge for the play off final and won that without the council badge on it.

Got to laugh at the argument about brand recognition. If anything having a different badge will get more publicity for City eg) a close up on the tv with the commentator saying ''Manchester City are actually wearing a different badge today, in keeping with the tradition of their previous Wembley final appearances'' - Which would be a nice bit of positive PR. Besides, the TV screen will still say Man City - Stoke and if we win the newspapers will carry stories about Manchester City winning the FA Cup.

I really hope this happens, it would be a nice touch and if the club want it there is no reason it shouldn't happen seeing as for the Munich 50th Anniversary both teams were allowed to wear different shirts, with the united one having no badge at all.

Bongo Joe said:
Here's a taster. Couldn't find our current kit as a template so had to get a new collar on it. You get the basic idea though:

15o8jtl.png

very nice work

but i've gotten attached to our current badge, and for me, we should stick with it.

C'mon guys 586 signatures.

We are a different kind of club. Lets prove it.

It takes a few seconds to sign

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.petitiononline.com/mcfccofa/petition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.petitiononline.com/mcfccofa/petition.html</a>

It's all a bit pompous this Coat of Arms business.

As much as I like the Manchester Coat of Arms, I'm indifferent to whether it's on the club shirt or not. Personally, I'd be proud to wear a City shirt emblazoned with the club badge at Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.