No minute’s silence for Franny yesterday

Not sure we did it for Vialli from my recollection

Wouldn't expect Arsenal to do it... let's be honest 75% of their fans wouldn't have a clue who Franny was

Not sure we did it for Vialli from my recollection

Wouldn't expect Arsenal to do it... let's be honest 75% of their fans wouldn't have a clue who Franny was
We did do it for Vialli at the cup game last season.

No worries, from replies I think I’m in the minority which is fair enough.

Just thought ex-England international, plus another 2 weeks before the Etihad tribute, etc.

Apologies if this has been covered and/or I’m making something out of nothing, but do we know why Arsenal didn’t arrange a minute’s silence or applause for Franny?

When a visiting team has lost someone we’ve done it at the Etihad - most recent example I can think of is Vialli when we hosted Chelsea in the cup.

Plus Franny was an England international, which is often deemed a good enough reason to do it regardless of club affiliation.

I know we’ll be doing it at our place obviously, but it’s not limited to 1 match is it? I’m sure Chelsea honoured Vialli at home.
We sung his name in the first half and the arsenal lot behind clapped…when I say ‘we’ that’s the the half or so of the allocation who knew who he was and weren’t filming the game on their phones/iPads

Poor of Arsenal and the PL not to do something official for a great man who served his country well.

Didn’t the blues there applaud in the 9th min (was that his shirt number) or the 79th min ? That would’ve been nice.

Far more appropriate than the minute’s applause for seemingly every Tom Dick and Harry whose passing they read about on social media. People die all the time, we should only mark the passing of those with a special relevance to our club. As Rod Liddle pithily wrote recently, football matches will soon be 90 mins of constant insincere applause to mark all the people who’ve passed since the last home game

Poor of Arsenal and the PL not to do something official for a great man who served his country well.

Didn’t the blues there applaud in the 9th min (was that his shirt number) or the 79th min ? That would’ve been nice.

Far more appropriate than the minute’s applause for seemingly every Tom Dick and Harry whose passing they read about on social media. People die all the time, we should only mark the passing of those with a special relevance to our club. As Rod Liddle pithily wrote recently, football matches will soon be 90 mins of constant insincere applause to mark all the people who’ve passed since the last home game
We defo sang his name yesterday in the first half, not sure what minute. Arsenal around us clapped also.

I know. Those fans who spend their money and time travelling all over the Uk and Europe to support the team. If only they were as vocal as the match day thread dwellers. How great would that be?
Yet another thread turns into having a go at our own.

Our away following is as noisy and loyal as fuck, as Pep has commented on many a time. If you went to aways you'd know this. We're respected the length and breadth of the country for our away support, so fuck off with that utter bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.