No minute’s silence for Franny yesterday

On Sky it seemed the blues had an almost 90 minutes silence...
Everything was flat yesterday even the coach down was half full and dead usually very lively the atmosphere on the concorse and outside ground very flat everyone seemed knackered maybe it's that bug that's flying about I know a few people that had to give it a miss yesterday through it.

Slightly off topic but I played footy in Derbyshire last week,and during the pre match banter Francis Lee was mentioned.ie joke should we have a minutes silence for Lee?..I ventured that with 27 caps for England and 10 goals ,he shouldn't be forgotten. Tbf the older Derby fans I've spoken to have much respect for Franny.

We sung his name in the first half and the arsenal lot behind clapped…when I say ‘we’ that’s the the half or so of the allocation who knew who he was and weren’t filming the game on their phones/iPads
The phones are starting to irritate me more than the netting for away fans at European matches! I take the odd photo but these guys spend so much time on their phone, clear this is a novelty which of course furthers the annoyance of ticket allocations.

The phones are starting to irritate me more than the netting for away fans at European matches! I take the odd photo but these guys spend so much time on their phone, clear this is a novelty which of course furthers the annoyance of ticket allocations.

It's not going to get any better considering people need their phone to gain access to the stadium. I am just surprised that the club hasn't twigged om to that concert app that synchronises phone lights and RGB to convey what is happening at any given time.

I actually think Newcastle United FC should do a minutes silence
In respect of Francis Henry Lee. Older geordies will remember his all important goal back in May 1968 which virtually guaranteed City the title.On the last day of the season .Lee is an important figure ,a very important English footballer, he and only he had the front to go straight into the crowd...and stand proud ..after his decisive goal that day..
Geordies of an older generation should remember that this confident Barrell chested Forward would go on to represent England 27 times,at a time when it was all about the Southern characters of Alf Ramsey, Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore and ,Martin Peters.....Lee went to Newcastle as our main striker ,and didn't suffer any nerves,in front of 50k people on the last day of the season he scored.The pressure was on..for those who don't know ...Manchester utd, the champions... were playing at home to Sunderland that day...if utd won and City lost utd won have won the league again.but they didnt.....

.Even tho The BBC MOTD cameras, the 1st Division trophy, Bobby Charlton, George best, etc were all at old Trafford expecting the victory to win the league against Newcastles arch rivals Sunderland.....Francis Lee had other ideas and 20,000 Blues were there to see him do it...

On my last visit to st James Park,me and a mate cheekily gatecrashed the Alan shearer executive bar high up in the heavens of Geordie match day luxury..we got free sandwiches and drink..only because I spoke to the security bloke on the door and took him back to May 1968..he was old enough to remember the day ,and agreed that City had taken 20,000 fans up there,he went all misty eyed when I mentioned Francis Lee and that goal...he let us in to feast on the buffet..high up in the heavens of geordieland....and heaven is surely where Francis Henry Lee is now.
What a player,what a character for Bolton City Derby and England.
In my opinion every ground should show their respect..to a fantastic footballer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.