No More Champions League For Me

Pam said:
deafmanstevo said:
Pam said:
Every single bastard year the same, deafman. Does it not bother you that the other English teams always seem to get a virtual pass and we end up in the most difficult group? I repeat. IT IS EVERY SINGLE TIME.

i get your point pam , but love playing the big teams, i enjoying watching good players and its usually a better atmosphere.
and it will be all the sweeter when we win it.

I know we have every chance of getting through the group but its not beyond the realms of possibility that we won't. How can they treat us so differently than they treat Chavski year after year after year? How can they justify that? It is not a level playing field. This leaves a bad taste whether we win it or not. The words Low French Farce come to mind.

It's a bit like the the first couple of Years in the league after the money came in. Always seemed that the establishment were against us. Well that's now history.
Same will will happen in Europe - there is only so long you can deny the enivitable.
Just enjoy the ride.
Sent from a bar in Rhodes hic! Hic!

Just got in from work and seen the draw, there is something not right about this, the odds of us getting a hard group every time are beyond a coincidence.

There will be some who say it is just bad luck, but an organisation which can threaten sanctions against a club who throw paper aeroplanes, or for singing you're not incredible, or for being 30 seconds late coming out for the second half, and yet at the same time ignores racist abuse of that club's players, is an organisation which is corrupt to the core. And mark my words, should we get out of this group it will be a Madrid club or Barcelona in the first knockout round. Disgusting corrupt fuckers

i agree with the OP but for different reason. UEFA are just corrupt tosspots and the Champions League is just mickey mouse competition for the teams that it was meant for.

They stack the deck and rig the votes and call it a co-efficency rating, when they do all they can to stop any league champions from progressing that don't meet their 'elite critrea'. They give a poor Celtic a bye because they 'have a prestigious european history' with the cock up with Legia Warsaw, yet it happened to a lesser team last year, they offending team got a fine. fucking hypocrites.

Franlky i never watch Champions League games as i work nights and its no longer a Champions League when league losers and runner up's are classed as Champions.The old European cup had prestige and class, Champions League is just a rich man wankfest.

I expect City to qualify and reach the Quarter finals at least, hope they win just to say a big FU to Platini.

But UEFA has no respect for anyone, so they have no respect from me.

rant over, those that are bothering, enjoy it.

br62 said:
The greatest and most prestigious competition in the world.

A chance for City to show the world how good we are and finally this season I believe we have the players with the necessary experience to achieve victory and make it our finest hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I hear all these Liverpool fans bursting with pride who cannot wait for their team to step out at Anfield and dominate the football world again?????ha ha!!!.

And then you enter bluemoon and think the same type of excitement that will be generated by City fans on Bluemoon........and what do you get.

A load of people moaning, negativity, conspiracies, saying they are not going, they're gonna skip it, problems with the format........bloody hell.

How totally and utterly pathetic. Thank God we have plenty of proper fans who will give great support to their team when they really need it against the best club sides in the world.

this this this!!!!

zeddie said:
br62 said:

A chance for City to show the world how good we are and finally this season I believe we have the players with the necessary experience to achieve victory and make it our finest hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I hear all these Liverpool fans bursting with pride who cannot wait for their team to step out at Anfield and dominate the football world again?????ha ha!!!.

And then you enter bluemoon and think the same type of excitement that will be generated by City fans on Bluemoon........and what do you get.

A load of people moaning, negativity, conspiracies, saying they are not going, they're gonna skip it, problems with the format........bloody hell.

How totally and utterly pathetic. Thank God we have plenty of proper fans who will give great support to their team when they really need it against the best club sides in the world.

this this this!!!!

Take a deep breath before you bury your head in the sand.

We are always going to get a hard group until we get in pot one. If it was rigged we'd be kept away from Bayern etc. they won't be happy either.

The co-efficient seeding system was designed to reward the most consistent. Porto were never a glamour team but they now get pot 1 all the time. Our time will come . Be patient.

Winning this competition will be our finest hour. Enjoy it because one day we might be back in the old third division and you will long for nights like this.

Meanwhile, we'll keep fisting the rags and the premiership - cheer the fuck up!!

blue b4 the moon said:
zeddie said:
br62 said:

this this this!!!!

Take a deep breath before you bury your head in the sand.

nearly said the same..It must be about to turn into whos the biggest blue thread....
its corrupt..fixed and im glad i wont be attending any of these games this season.
As I said last night..roll on the thread when the prices are announced.
Cant wait for a proper cup game..bring on Sheff Wednesday.

Valid points on both sides of the argument,
For the pure footballing thrill of seeing us go toe to toe with the big boys again will be great, but the fact that the Prem champions of 2 of the last 3 seasons get placed in with champions of another league? Again? If there are rules to not let teams from the same country iplay each other in the group stage, surely a rule to prevent champions of individual leagues meeting in the group stage would be an even greater priority? Else why is it a champions league? Surely it would be better for the champions to meet at a later stage?
As they say, well have to beat the best at some pion to progress, so bring it on and up yours Platini!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.