No More Champions League For Me

alib

I afraid it's domestic football only for me from now on. I've been increasingly disillusioned with the so called Champions League for some time and my decision is not just a reaction to last night. I will save my money for our Wembley trips from now on.
reasons :-
1. Bent referees
2. Blatantly rigged draws designed to ensure half a dozen big clubs progress

3. Rip off ticket prices
4. FFPR designed to protect half a dozen big clubs
5. No alcohol in grounds.
6. UEFA effectively condoning racist chanting
7. UEFA insisting no domestic games are played on CL nights
8. Season ticket holders being forced out of their seats for press seats and bigger advertising boards
9. Meaningless group games with nothing at stake
10. Obvious bias by high ranking UEFA officials (eg Platini) towards certain clubs and against English clubs in particular City
11. Heavy handed and often thug like policing abroad
12. The Etihad filled with tourists on Champions League nights

alib said:
I afraid it's domestic football only for me from now on. I've been increasingly disillusioned with the so called Champions League for some time and my decision is not just a reaction to last night. I will save my money for our Wembley trips from now on.
1. Bent referees

3. Rip off ticket prices
8. Season ticket holders being forced out of their seats for press seats and bigger advertising boards
10. Obvious bias by high ranking UEFA officials (eg Platini) towards certain clubs and against English clubs in particular City

I will have all your tickets then thanks, everyone has an opinion and you are no different but most of the points on your list are incorrect at best.

alib said:
1. Bent referees

3. Rip off ticket prices

I can definitely see where you are coming from.

Must admit, i'm not enjoying it remotely as much as I thought I would.

I was moved out of 209 for 'UEFA Delegates', yet when I looked up last night it was full of city fans. Obviously match day sales for extra income. It's my seat, i'm in the cup scheme. Poor show.

The tourists piss me off.

The refs piss me off.

Even when we win, I feel the same.

It did however give me that night in Munich, so it's hard to give up on it completely.

Blue Til Death said:
alib said:
1. Bent referees

3. Rip off ticket prices

I will have all your tickets then thanks, everyone has an opinion and you are no different but most of the points on your list are incorrect at best.
"Most"?

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 and 12 are spot on and they aren't the only things wrong with the CL. I've not enjoyed one single CL game yet. I'm finding the competition an overrated joke at the moment, myself.

Blue Til Death said:
alib said:
1. Bent referees

3. Rip off ticket prices

Which are incorrect?....they all look sound to me

Blue Til Death said:
alib said:
1. Bent referees

3. Rip off ticket prices

But most of his points are correct?

I agree with some of your points, but not all. I've said some of those points before and stand by them.

I personally think the CL is the emperors new clothes, it is vastly overrated and hyped to high heaven by the media as they pay a lot of money to cover it. Most of the group games are dross. I didn't really enjoy last nights game, as believe it or not I don't enjoy watching Barcelona - I find them dull. I wholeheartedly believe Bayern are better to watch.

However, expect a lot of criticism from other posters saying it is a knee jerk reaction to last night's game.

It's not a knee jerk reaction at all . I didn't like it even before we were in it and found most games apart from the odd knock out game dull and just a money making exercise for the top clubs.
My first big gripe where City were concerned was UEFA insisting we had to play a home Europa League game after years ago with a 5pm ko just so it wouldn't overlap with a precious CL game even though 1000's of fans would still be working and wouldn't be able to attend

Got to agree to a point.

Been to all the CL matches at home and I can't remember one that has lived up to all the hype and expectations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.