No one is bigger than MCFC - Let It Be

Gary James

I wasn't going to comment on the Tevez situation but after seeing various comments, suggestions and accusations I thought I'd contribute a small amount based on my impressions of the people involved.

Looking at the evidence (very important season; domestic issues over last year; City talisman; Rooney's deal at OT etc.) it seems obvious that the issue is either the family situation in Argentina or all about the agent's need to keep finding new markets/funds. It is almost certainly not about senior figures within City.

I have met and interviewed Garry Cook and Brian Marwood extensively over the last year or so (at some very successful moments and some absolutely bleak times), and was last with Brian for a couple of hours on Thursday last week. Despite what may be said in the media these guys are performing wonderfully well at City and their vision is (in comparison with other footballing figures) astounding. They are not the only ones at City who have turned the Club into the most professional and well-organised it has ever been (and I would argue few clubs if any can match the Blues in this area).

City's player care is now head and shoulders above most other clubs in European/world football and so if Tevez's problems truly are about his domestic situation then, apart from physically being in Argentina, I cannot see how he could be at a better club. City's leaders really do show significant interest in player welfare at all levels and I would be absolutely amazed if they have not shown compassion as they have done in previous months.

I have total faith that Garry, Brian et al would have looked at every option whether this is actually about family or even about relationship with a 'senior official'. It really cannot be about a senior official (I won't go into it, but perhaps City's relationship with agents is toughening up!).

If this is truly about City's leaders, then we should support our 'senior official' all the way because if this figure is supposed to be Garry, Brian or Khaldoon you can be certain that they are acting in the long term best interests of Manchester City. As fans we have to want that.

No one is bigger than City and, unlike what Utd did with Rooney, City should not compromise on their beliefs/plans/strategy. If Tevez has to go, so be it, but please don't let this issue cause friction for Garry, Brian and the others.

Their vision is right for City and will bring rewards.

Gary James said:
I wasn't going to comment on the Tevez situation but after seeing various comments, suggestions and accusations I thought I'd contribute a small amount based on my impressions of the people involved.

Looking at the evidence (very important season; domestic issues over last year; City talisman; Rooney's deal at OT etc.) it seems obvious that the issue is either the family situation in Argentina or all about the agent's need to keep finding new markets/funds. It is almost certainly not about senior figures within City.

I have met and interviewed Garry Cook and Brian Marwood extensively over the last year or so (at some very successful moments and some absolutely bleak times), and was last with Brian for a couple of hours on Thursday last week. Despite what may be said in the media these guys are performing wonderfully well at City and their vision is (in comparison with other footballing figures) astounding. They are not the only ones at City who have turned the Club into the most professional and well-organised it has ever been (and I would argue few clubs if any can match the Blues in this area).

City's player care is now head and shoulders above most other clubs in European/world football and so if Tevez's problems truly are about his domestic situation then, apart from physically being in Argentina, I cannot see how he could be at a better club. City's leaders really do show significant interest in player welfare at all levels and I would be absolutely amazed if they have not shown compassion as they have done in previous months.

I have total faith that Garry, Brian et al would have looked at every option whether this is actually about family or even about relationship with a 'senior official'. It really cannot be about a senior official (I won't go into it, but perhaps City's relationship with agents is toughening up!).

If this is truly about City's leaders, then we should support our 'senior official' all the way because if this figure is supposed to be Garry, Brian or Khaldoon you can be certain that they are acting in the long term best interests of Manchester City. As fans we have to want that.

No one is bigger than City and, unlike what Utd did with Rooney, City should not compromise on their beliefs/plans/strategy. If Tevez has to go, so be it, but please don't let this issue cause friction for Garry, Brian and the others.

Their vision is right for City and will bring rewards.

Totally agree Gary,we have to look at the bigger picture and the future of M.C.F.C not the past.

bang on the Money fella..... Adios Carlos Thanks for everything..Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out,wont want to see you crying and whingeing even more than you are at the moment....Buffoon,your gonna miss out on something truly awesome

Great post Gary.

I think that puts it in a nutshell.

What seems like a complicated situation, neatly summed up.

-----

The new edition of 'Manchester - A Football History' looks great by the way. Not had time to have an in-depth look yet though.

nijinskybell said:
The new edition of 'Manchester - A Football History' looks great by the way. Not had time to have an in-depth look yet though.

Thanks. Perhaps I shouldn't have put the "Welcome" poster and the story that surrounds it in it (although I'm sure the news that Utd used their banner in an official advert 5 years earlier may stun some who called City 'arrogant'!).

Great post Gary. I think the vast majority of free thinking blues can see the 'senior executive' line is a red herring. Interestingly, there's no mention of family issues or home sickness in Carlos' statement either. It's written in very good English too.

In a strange way, like relegation to the old third division did, I think this will galvanise our support.

We must support the Club on this.

That makes it especially annoying that allegations of the player being "wronged" are being thrown at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.