No one is bigger than MCFC - Let It Be

Gary James said:
I wasn't going to comment on the Tevez situation but after seeing various comments, suggestions and accusations I thought I'd contribute a small amount based on my impressions of the people involved.

Looking at the evidence (very important season; domestic issues over last year; City talisman; Rooney's deal at OT etc.) it seems obvious that the issue is either the family situation in Argentina or all about the agent's need to keep finding new markets/funds. It is almost certainly not about senior figures within City.

I have met and interviewed Garry Cook and Brian Marwood extensively over the last year or so (at some very successful moments and some absolutely bleak times), and was last with Brian for a couple of hours on Thursday last week. Despite what may be said in the media these guys are performing wonderfully well at City and their vision is (in comparison with other footballing figures) astounding. They are not the only ones at City who have turned the Club into the most professional and well-organised it has ever been (and I would argue few clubs if any can match the Blues in this area).

City's player care is now head and shoulders above most other clubs in European/world football and so if Tevez's problems truly are about his domestic situation then, apart from physically being in Argentina, I cannot see how he could be at a better club. City's leaders really do show significant interest in player welfare at all levels and I would be absolutely amazed if they have not shown compassion as they have done in previous months.

I have total faith that Garry, Brian et al would have looked at every option whether this is actually about family or even about relationship with a 'senior official'. It really cannot be about a senior official (I won't go into it, but perhaps City's relationship with agents is toughening up!).

If this is truly about City's leaders, then we should support our 'senior official' all the way because if this figure is supposed to be Garry, Brian or Khaldoon you can be certain that they are acting in the long term best interests of Manchester City. As fans we have to want that.

No one is bigger than City and, unlike what Utd did with Rooney, City should not compromise on their beliefs/plans/strategy. If Tevez has to go, so be it, but please don't let this issue cause friction for Garry, Brian and the others.

Their vision is right for City and will bring rewards.

totally agre 100%.

as for rooney he had fergie by the balls, nothing like that at our place.

as i said earlier no one fucks with city these days.

Great post. Let's hope this is the catalyst for all our fans to come together and get behind the team and all pull in the same direction. Bobby Manc seems to be finally sorting the team and squad out and our victory at the weekend shows that we may not be as reliant on Tevez as once thought. This is the best opportunity we have had in many, many years to put us on the footballing map, both here and abroad. So let's sit back and enjoy the ride. CTID.

Thank you Gary you have confirmed my feelings on the matter.

You are first and foremost a fan like the rest of us but also have the unique opportunity of meeting with the top people at our club and I would trust your judgement of them over the statements made about them supposedly by Tevez.

Whether he stays or goes he just will not be the same player to me an I suspect many others

Top post from a top man in my book Gary - nice one!

Incidentally, i met Garry Cook for the first time on my last trip back to England, during the Ryder Cup weekend and actually spoke to him at the Ryder Cup on the Saturday (before the Newcastle game the next day of course, which was the real highlight of my trip!) and found him to be a really warm, genuine, down-to-earth and extremely friendly guy who really enthused about City when he spoke..

It was the day after the club’s annual results had been released and asked me what i thought about them and he was genuinely interested in what i had to say. He spoke to my best pal and I for about 20 minutes or so, despite being in company and made me feel that he valued both my opinion and my long term support of our fantastic club. Before he left, he urged me to stay patient for a little while longer, as things were happening and success is just around the corner……… which he said with the largest smile I saw all day 

Before i met the guy, i was very much on-the-fence about him and that was mainly down to what I had read in the rat infested media of the UK. But after that brief encounter, i now have a firm opinion of Garry and its a very good one! Without a doubt, he wants success as much as anybody for the club, but he assured me that they are doing everything the right way from top to bottom, without once mentioning that anything had been done wrong in the past, which i thought was a very professional way of saying it.

Before he left us, he did say to let him know when i am back at Christmas and he would at very least come to my pals box and say hi, as in his words "if you can make the effort of coming back once or twice a season from the US to watch City, then the least i can do is to come and say Hi…and thank you".........which made me feel like the club really appreciates us long suffering supporters and what we have had to endure for so long…

Well done Gary and Garry - both top City men in my book!

steve.mansfield@live.co.uk said:
I dont get him at all, hes at the biggest club in the world, why would he want to leave?

Laughed myself to death at that one. Either this is a double bluff or you my friend are someone who should be posting on redcafe rather than blueomoon.

I suggest you crawl back from whence you came.

Kingsizeblueslims said:
Great post. Let's hope this is the catalyst for all our fans to come together and get behind the team and all pull in the same direction. Bobby Manc seems to be finally sorting the team and squad out and our victory at the weekend shows that we may not be as reliant on Tevez as once thought. This is the best opportunity we have had in many, many years to put us on the footballing map, both here and abroad. So let's sit back and enjoy the ride. CTID.
Along with the singing of Mancini`s name wouldn`t it be nice to have `LOUD` rendition of `theres only one Garry Cook`against EFC....

Met him once and when he speaks about City its from the heart, he`s done wonders for us.

DortmundDummy said:
Kingsizeblueslims said:
Along with the singing of Mancini`s name wouldn`t it be nice to have `LOUD` rendition of `theres only one Garry Cook`against EFC....

Met him once and when he speaks about City its from the heart, he`s done wonders for us.

Nice one DD and great idea !!

BufordUSABlue said:
DortmundDummy said:

Nice one DD and great idea !!
Well thankee kindly Buford.

Spread the word ;)

Happy Feet said:
Its all down to his "advisors" and there thirst for money, well this time Carlos you are playing with the wrong people. You will only leave on our terms and for our price and i cant see many clubs forking out £40 million plus wages . Otherwise he either gets his head down at City or retires and faces a huge financial bill as the club take him for every penny they can.

No chance we should sell for 40 million. We paid £35 mill and he had no contract left. We have 3.5 years left. 3 x 35 mill = £105 million

Ronaldo was sold for £80 million to the very same vultures. Thats where we need to be with this.

I accept he will probably end up going sooner or later. But it should only be on our terms and for a handsome profit. Otherwise let them all sweat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.