Noel Gallagher on Talksport

Oasis haven’t been relevant since the noughties,

you really think the likes of Alvarez, Gomez, Perrone and probably most of the foreign lads in the squad would have any awareness as to who Noel Gallagher is if he wasn’t always in the changing rooms forcing them to sing wonderwall lmao
2 of the players you mentioned are Argentinians, Oasis are huge in South America of course they will know who Noel is.

Similar to when the team bumped in to Elton John at the airport after the FA cup win, the players were falling over themselves to have a picture with Elton, can’t imagine Elton’s tunes get played in the dressing room very often but everyone knew who he was and wanted a pic.

2 of the players you mentioned are Argentinians, Oasis are huge in South America of course they will know who Noel is.

Similar to when the team bumped in to Elton John at the airport after the FA cup win, the players were falling over themselves to have a picture with Elton, can’t imagine Elton’s tunes get played in the dressing room very often but everyone knew who he was and wanted a pic.
Everyone knew the words to ‘Your Song’ n’all, even Kalvin Phillips.

Definitely Maybe entered the album charts at Number 1 in September 1994. I was at a gig that night at the Limelight in Belfast. Incredible gig, they were at their absolute peak, venue was about 500 capacity, small enough for them to still be walking about in the crowd chatting to fans. I spoke to both Liam and Noel that night. I told Liam I was a Blue, he told me he didn’t “fookin believe” me as I was Irish and he clearly thought I was a red. Noel was buzzing and came and told us the album had went to number 1 (before any of their singles). He also stood outside and chatted to me and my mate about Colin Bell, George Best (being Belfast) and how when he made his first million pounds he was going to buy three Brazilians for City. A couple of years later I travelled over for the Maine Road gigs and settled in Manchester a few months later.

He’s always been a top man and his blue credentials are obvious for me. Seen him at several aways down the years, he’s always represented us well, even when we were at our lowest points. It seems the people who dislike him are mostly driven by jealousy or the thought he’s a fraud because he’s not at every single game. Liam doesn’t get that same hate, which is strange but there you go.
In June 1994 we were at Glastonbury about 2 in the morning and I recognised Noel and nodded. He came and joined our group for a few hours and we talked City non stop. Next day they played what has now become a legendary gig.

I was on the train from norwood junction back to central london after the
Palace 0-0 city game in 2022 monday night,i didnt speak to him ,some Scottish City
fan was boring everyone and we were deflated with the draw,remember speaking to him
in the Witchwood when he was a roadie for the carpets early 90's.

Of all his great lines in songs,what he predicted before the final in Istanbul goes down as
probably his greatest.

“Tonight, the Manchester rain will taste like champagne,”

Take a bow Noel.

Oasis haven’t been relevant since the noughties,

you really think the likes of Alvarez, Gomez, Perrone and probably most of the foreign lads in the squad would have any awareness as to who Noel Gallagher is if he wasn’t always in the changing rooms forcing them to sing wonderwall lmao

Appreciate everyones point of view, but yours is so wide of the mark, it makes a Nunez effort on goal look close

Noel and his band drew 15000 in Alpharetta, GA a couple of weeks ago. Crowd was teens to 70’s and the biggest cheers were for the Oasis songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.