Noel Gallagher on Talksport

Noel Gallagher is the best ambassador this club has ever had. He does all these interviews about City, presumably for nothing, because he loves the club. He represents the supporters really well overall. I remember when Oasis split and he did a press conference and at the end he said something like "If you excuse me, I've got a football club to support".

Back in the 90s Oasis were a hundred times bigger than City and there can be no doubts that they boosted our image purely because of their support.
They did indeed. If you watch the Lord Don't Slow Me Down rockumentary from 2005, you’ll see the crowds at the Japan and Argentina gigs and loads of them are wearing City tops and waving City scarves and flags about.

In no way would that have happened without Oasis at a time when Stuart Pearce was the manager.

In the 90s, it was just as cool to be a City fan as it was a United fan. How the fuck that could happen when United were winning everything and we had two relegations and reached our lowest ever point is solely down to Oasis.

The Beatles & Elvis haven’t been relevant in my lifetime, but I’m pretty certain I know who they are/were & what they look(ed) like, along with knowing loads of their songs

So not sure what your point is here fella?

They have loads of young fans who follow their individual careers and know the Oasis songs as a result. If they reformed they would sell out every venue in minutes and a large majority of those attending wouldn't have been born when they were in their heyday.

Oasis haven’t been relevant since the noughties,

you really think the likes of Alvarez, Gomez, Perrone and probably most of the foreign lads in the squad would have any awareness as to who Noel Gallagher is if he wasn’t always in the changing rooms forcing them to sing wonderwall lmao
I'd be interested to know how old you are Callum? Because by the sound of it, you wasn't following City away from home in the 90s, when we used to take over pubs and bang Oasis on. This Mancunian band who were the biggest band in the country and at our lowest ebb, shouted our cause from the rooftops! They were magic and they were blue(well most of em) So I can't understand your Wonderwall jibe. Oh, and any band that sells over 75 million records and has 22 consecutive top ten hits will ALWAYS be relevant.

They did indeed. If you watch the Lord Don't Slow Me Down rockumentary from 2005, you’ll see the crowds at the Japan and Argentina gigs and loads of them are wearing City tops and waving City scarves and flags about.

In no way would that have happened without Oasis at a time when Stuart Pearce was the manager.

In the 90s, it was just as cool to be a City fan as it was a United fan. How the fuck that could happen when United were winning everything and we had two relegations and reached our lowest ever point is solely down to Oasis.
perfectly put

They have loads of young fans who follow their individual careers and know the Oasis songs as a result. If they reformed they would sell out every venue in minutes and a large majority of those attending wouldn't have been born when they were in their heyday.

This

Liam didnt do to bad selling his stadium and knebworth tour ;) I was surprised by the rage of age, from teenagers to 70 plus ( or they had a hard life ! )
My lad ( 25 ) took me to the Etihad gig than on the Saturday took his missus to the knebworth gig.

Even my 10 year old daughter likes Oasis (the only old band she likes) and that Noel always has a city flag or something else City related when he plays.
Spotted him with a cardboard cutout of Pep on Jools Holland the other week. Was wondering where I could get one myself. Putting it in the window would be sure to upset the rag neighbour!

..... In the 90s, it was just as cool to be a City fan as it was a United fan. How the fuck that could happen when United were winning everything and we had two relegations and reached our lowest ever point is solely down to Oasis.
That's a bit harsh on the chaps, innit, blaming them for two relegations?

;-)

It was a lot cooler to be a City fan than a United fan. We were perceived nationwide as the proper Manchester club, supported by the clued up. Mark and Lard probably helped a bit on radio one too. In fact there was that TV series about Manc scallies and they all supported City. Can’t remember the name of it.

United hated it. They used to sing about us more than ever back in those days to try to reclaim some local identity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.