Noel Gallagher

Or unlike you they may like the music and arent stuck up there own arse

And you mentioned commercially so let me understand this
Did morning glory result in a commercial downturn after definitely maybe or did it become one of the biggest selling albums in U.K. history

It’s like city
We don’t need 100 points each season to have a good season do we
I said commercially as in sales rather than quality.

WtSMG was always going to be a huge seller as Britpop was the theme of that period of time.

So, which of their albums are better than Definitely, Maybe in your opinion?

I said commercially as in sales rather than quality.

WtSMG was always going to be a huge seller as Britpop was the theme of that period of time.

So, which of their albums are better than Definitely, Maybe in your opinion?

Morning glory on a par
Other than that none

Doesn’t make him an average songwriter
He set the bar very high very early

As I said same as city this year
Doesn’t mean everything that follows is crap

Morning glory on a par
Other than that none

Doesn’t make him an average songwriter
He set the bar very high very early

As I said same as city this year
Doesn’t mean everything that follows is crap
Morning Glory is nowhere near as good as Definitely, Maybe. Don't get me wrong, it's above average, just.

Seeing as you are comparing Noel's career to football, I'll ask this..... Are Leicester City a great football team because they won the Premier League once?

Morning Glory is nowhere near as good as Definitely, Maybe. Don't get me wrong, it's above average, just.

Seeing as you are comparing Noel's career to football, I'll ask this..... Are Leicester City a great football team because they won the Premier League once?

Quite an uneducated comparison really. Noel has hardly been a one hit wonder as Leicester were has he. He's been knocking out number one songs and albums for 20+ years not just one year. He's been selling stadiums out for 20+ years both as a songwriter and a front man. Ive been fortunate enough to meet both brothers and while I would choose to have a pint with Liam all day long it does not take away from the fact that Noel is one of the best songwriters of the last 20 years. If Leicester have won multiple titles in 20 years time ill be the first person back on here apologising to you.....

Quite an uneducated comparison really. Noel has hardly been a one hit wonder as Leicester were has he. He's been knocking out number one songs and albums for 20+ years not just one year. He's been selling stadiums out for 20+ years both as a songwriter and a front man. Ive been fortunate enough to meet both brothers and while I would choose to have a pint with Liam all day long it does not take away from the fact that Noel is one of the best songwriters of the last 20 years. If Leicester have won multiple titles in 20 years time ill be the first person back on here apologising to you.....
Uneducated comparison? I was just going along with the last poster's comment.

Also, Robbie Williams has numerous number ones and sells out stadiums.

Uneducated comparison? I was just going along with the last poster's comment.

Also, Robbie Williams has numerous number ones and sells out stadiums.

Its uneducated because its totally flawed, you are comparing a one season wonder to year upon year upon year success.

If you dont like Noel's stuff then thats fair enough but you cant knock his talent. In the end sales, number ones etc don't lie. it could be a case where its cool to say you dont like somebody who is clearly very popular.

Again just because you do not like Robbie it doenst make him a fraud. Slightly different in this occasion as he was part of a manufactured boy band and at the height of his sols days he had a very talented songwriter doing the hard work for him.

Different audience. You like comparing apples to pears.
Apples and Pears? Can tell you're a Londoner ;-)

Different audience maybe but it's like you're trying to put Oasis in some kind of elite group of songwriter/musicians and they are nowhere near.

Bands like Blur, Pulp, The Charlatans, Embrace and so on have all made at least one great album that can compare to Oasis' best but they didn't go around banging on about how they are the 'greatest band in the world' at every chance they could grab.

Apples and Pears? Can tell you're a Londoner ;-)

Different audience maybe but it's like you're trying to put Oasis in some kind of elite group of songwriter/musicians and they are nowhere near.

Bands like Blur, Pulp, The Charlatans, Embrace and so on have all made at least one great album that can compare to Oasis' best but they didn't go around banging on about how they are the 'greatest band in the world' at every chance they could grab.

all great bands agreed, as for the Gallaghers attitude, it is mainly tongue in cheek and they like to take the piss, at there height i'd say they was the greatest band on the planet - but it's all subjective. i wouldn't put them in a elite group of songwriter/musicians but that still didn't stop them making great music - i cant think of many bands since them to have the same impact they did.
out of interest - have you watched Supersonic ?

all great bands agreed, as for the Gallaghers attitude, it is mainly tongue in cheek and they like to take the piss, at there height i'd say they was the greatest band on the planet - but it's all subjective. i wouldn't put them in a elite group of songwriter/musicians but that still didn't stop them making great music - i cant think of many bands since them to have the same impact they did.
out of interest - have you watched Supersonic ?
I have watched Supersonic and enjoyed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.