Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shit description sounds harsh but I know what you mean,the way he moves looks slow and cumbersome but his overall contribution is very effective and will be a big asset to us this season.

He looks wooden like a cartoon pirate with peg legs when he moves but is technically very good, thumbs up from me.

Like him. Looks a tough fucker as well. Great buy for the money.

His build up play so far is a lot better than i thought he was capable of, but equally, his pace or lack of and his ability to beat a man isn't at the level i thought/was expecting. Closer to a Silva/KDB than a Sterling. Can see him being very productive when we're on fire but not the man to make a break through when we're struggling.

His build up play so far is a lot better than i thought he was capable of, but equally, his pace or lack of and his ability to beat a man isn't at the level i thought/was expecting. Closer to a Silva/KDB than a Sterling. Can see him being very productive when we're on fire but not the man to make a break through when we're struggling.
No shit sherlock. There are only a handful of players that is as fast as Sterling – probably why we bought him.

2 seasons ago Nolito created the 2nd most chances in La Liga, behind only The Messi God himself. He's creative enough to help us when we're struggling imo.

I disagree with your last remark. We usually struggle when its 10 defenders sitting on the edge of their own area. Navas has all the pace in the world but no guile. Against blanket defences he is useless, whereas Nolito doesnt rely on pace, hes a clever player and these types are needed to break through when the going gets tough.

Please don't verbally assault me, but he reminds me of Milner a little with his work rate. Just a much much bigger goal threat.

Sounds like high praise to me, anyone who is a much bigger goal threat than Milner can't be shite. Ok he was not great at that but as a player he was solid and only lacked the goals so to me that sounds like a compliment.

I disagree with your last remark. We usually struggle when its 10 defenders sitting on the edge of their own area. Navas has all the pace in the world but no guile. Against blanket defences he is useless, whereas Nolito doesnt rely on pace, hes a clever player and these types are needed to break through when the going gets tough.

The reason i say that is because Pep notoriously likes pacy skillful wingers and when things aren't going to plan he usually looks to them to be the ones to make the difference with a bit of individual brilliance. Not sure Nolito looks like that kind of player, and for that reason i think we'll see Pep settle for Sterling and Sane as our two first choice wide men when fit.

The reason i say that is because Pep notoriously likes pacy skillful wingers and when things aren't going to plan he usually looks to them to be the ones to make the difference with a bit of individual brilliance. Not sure Nolito looks like that kind of player, and for that reason i think we'll see Pep settle for Sterling and Sane as our two first choice wide men when fit.
fair point. We're blessed with options this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.