Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we signed Aguero, I can't even remember a situation where someone has exchanged two sets of passes with him on the edge of the penalty area. I'm sure it probably happened, but I can't remember it, & if/when it did happen, it was probably Tevez. Jovetic has tried to do it, Bony has tried it. No luck. Aguero not interested. Nolito did it.

If Aguero finds someone he will play 1234s with, Premier League defences are fucked.
the match where aguero had 2 and tevez had a hat trick comes to mind. tevez set him up with a nice back heel for one of them. excellent passing on agueros second last night, though. looks like a potential bargain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

He looks shit but he's very productive. He does the same trick of cutting inside but it works every time. Doesn't give the ball away much either.
The shit description sounds harsh but I know what you mean,the way he moves looks slow and cumbersome but his overall contribution is very effective and will be a big asset to us this season.

the match where aguero had 2 and tevez had a hat trick comes to mind. tevez set him up with a nice back heel for one of them. excellent passing on agueros second last night, though. looks like a potential bargain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yea, that day was probably one of the best we've seen from a City attack in that respect. Nolito doing it after only a couple of games, is very encouraging.

Out wide, when he runs with the ball, he reminds me of a modern day inverted John Robertson.

Looks a bit of a hustler bustler but undoubtedly has a lot to him......bit of a Kevin Horlock walk about him too, hope he doesn't get sent off for it......

Really like the look of him, can't believe I'd never heard of him before. Although I'm wary of the Negredo-effect given what happened to the last 'seasoned' Spanish player we signed...

Will be interesting to see whether he plays predominantly as a left winger or if he'll drift into the centre more like a striker like the 2nd half last night (as the number 9 shirt and listing as a striker on the website would suggest).

Think he will be nothing like Negredo, at least attitude-wise. He would probably be much more down-to-earth and he should be fitter than Negredo. Don't know where he will play;), but I'm under the impression that he is more an inside forward than a winger.

Please don't verbally assault me, but he reminds me of Milner a little with his work rate. Just a much much bigger goal threat.

And people in his transfer thread thought we were buying a bit part player. Yup.

My only two complaints are that he's under hit quite a few passes. Needs to put a little more oomph behind them. He's dallied on the ball a bit where you want him to do something quicker. Seems like that's just his style though as it's helped him with that little flick at the edge of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.