Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see you try and explain how this is "standing still". Make sure and use examples of other goal scoring wingers we have.
At the moment our best 11 doesn't have 'wingers' unless you believe Navas gets in it.... or class/play Sterling as a winger.If we play 4.4.2 next season with 2 proper wingers.... think who you have to leave out the 11.....and what else the team needs to be as good as what we have?

We can only field out 11 players at one time. Some players will need to be bench players and be okay with that. We don't want to be another Real Madrid Galacticos FC with Isco and James Rodriguez rotting on the bench and complaining everyday, disrupting the team harmony.
That's not Pep's philosophy. There isn't supposed to be players who are ok with the bench but players with enough talent and understanding of his tactics to be ready at any moment. Plug and play types, not drop off in quality because of lack of games like we've seen in the past. This is why Nolito is a smart move to pair with Sterling.

At the moment our best 11 doesn't have 'wingers' unless you believe Navas gets in it.... or class/play Sterling as a winger.If we play 4.4.2 next season with 2 proper wingers.... think who you have to leave out the 11.....and what else the team needs to be as good as what we have?

Sounds like you've got your own ideas about ideal formations and style of play. So does Pep Guardiola.

Pep is the master of tactical flexibility and rotation. If you think he's resorting to 4-4-2 to get two wingers on the pitch, when he prefers 3-4-3/3-5-2/3-4-1-2/etc then you know nothing about him or his game at all.

Sounds like you've got your own ideas about ideal formations and style of play. So does Pep Guardiola.

Pep is the master of tactical flexibility and rotation. If you think he's resorting to 4-4-2 to get two wingers on the pitch, when he prefers 3-4-3/3-5-2/3-4-1-2/etc then you know nothing about him or his game at all.

IF .....its in the dictionary, as well as in my post ;) try reading it. You described him as a winger so I guessed he'll play..... on the wing, since one of the reasons people are bigging him up is because 'we don't have a left winger'. Whatever formation is played I believe we have better... and if he does play 'on the wing' I believe we could get better.Its an opinion nothing more nothing less ;)

That's not Pep's philosophy. There isn't supposed to be players who are ok with the bench but players with enough talent and understanding of his tactics to be ready at any moment. Plug and play types, not drop off in quality because of lack of games like we've seen in the past. This is why Nolito is a smart move to pair with Sterling.
Pep rotates his squad but there will always be the definite starters and the rotation players. KDB, Kun, Gundogan will be definite starters (barring being rested). Let's just agree first that Nolito is not a definite starter. And that's also why I think Nolito is a good signing. If you fill the squad with all Pogbas, there will bound to be some unhappiness within the squad.

I know it sounds dumb but 90% of the time if you don't know a player FIFA and FM actually provide pretty reliable insights into how good a player is since the people who decide on ratings do a LOT of research and several peoples different opinions influence them. FIFA rating is the first thing I check out when we're linked to a new player, followed by Youtube.
I don't know anything about FIFA ratings, but I generally trust most of the research done on the big leagues in FM.

Average players don't get linked heavily with Barca.
A good signing for that price, and a upgrade on both Navas and Nasri.
The only worry is the lack of resale value, but it's not my money so...
we are not a selling club anyway. Barca for example hardly cares about re sale value having spunked £65million on then 27,5 year old Suarez.

good. City need proper player in their natural position.
i hate to see KDB, Silva, Nasri, Dinho and Delph playing out wide.
we need pace. so Nolito signing are most welcome.
now lets get Sane too.
Nolito & Sterling on left side, and Sane and Navas on other flank.
i don't think lot of bluemooners here know that Enrique rated Nolito.
i've read in their forum. but his interest only to get blocked by their board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.