Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
FM researcher put his pace and acceleration around 14 if I remember. I know I know....
I know it sounds dumb but 90% of the time if you don't know a player FIFA and FM actually provide pretty reliable insights into how good a player is since the people who decide on ratings do a LOT of research and several peoples different opinions influence them. FIFA rating is the first thing I check out when we're linked to a new player, followed by Youtube.

The short version is like: grew up in Andalusia with grandparents, mother in jail. Typical street footballer. Career all across Spain. Settled in Vigo.

Strengths: high technical abilities, both footed, strong finish, good set pieces. Not many injuries.
Personality: sharp, strong mentality, confident, experienced. Left wing.

Cited a few days ago as 'the rock'n roller within Spanish violins'.

Much much more than a 'squad player' (whatever some might mean by that).
And Raheem could learn nearly everything he is lacking now by Nolito. By body language, don't know his English talking.

Do it Pep!
Cheers for the reply mate, finally a winger that can use both feet! Been crying out for that for ages imo. Really hope he does a payet

His end product would be his biggest asset I'd believe. Whether it's a shot, pass or cross its really good.He's a good dribbler, maybe a bit selfish sometimes but may be because he was Celtas only big star. I'd say he's pretty similar to Payet in many ways.
Hopefully he can still keep a bit of that selfish side, got too many players in the squad that won't take a chance or a shot. Cheers for the reply mate

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol, embarassing.

The thing that strikes me most about Nolito is that he only wants to play the ball one way, and that is forward. We have been crying out for that for a few seasons. How many times have we seen Navas, Sterling whoever, chicken out of a dribble and check back, or give the ball to someone, anyone, else... I don;t see this so much with this guy so, 29 or not, a welcome addition.

Nolito has two very good feet and creates havoc by turning and running at the opposition, not using pace but footwork, or by playing low crosses in to the area or by having a fairly accurate pop at goal. Not one to hit the ball with power, but his accuracy is good. Can see him grabbing several assists for Aguero this coming season.

I just hope we don't manage to drill the sideways pass in to him.

Interesting that Spain lined up with him and Silva as inside forwards on either side. Maybe not too dissimilar from Pep's set-up I wonder? Could we see something along the lines of:

Nolito----------Aguero-------Silva------

--Gundogan---AN Other--Fernandino--

Even Yaya in there could see his enthusiasm for the game reignite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.